Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm turning my pre in today. I just changed offices last week, and I get ZERO coverage in my new area with sprint. Tmo and AT&T both have adequate coverage.

I spoke with sprint, and they are unwilling to give me a free airave for my office for whatever reason.

So, goodbye pre.

At first, i was really concerned about the battery life. On sunday, with moderate email and twitter and call use, the battery lasted 16 hours, with 10% left, so I can say that got a LOT better.

I was concerned about the lack of apps, but considering how fast the homebrew community apps outnumber official apps, that too is no longer a worry.

The construction quality feels flimsy, but I've dropped my phone once or twice with no ill effects. The one handed operation of most phone operations is really wonderful, and well thought-out.

The building where I work has contacted sprint, due to other folks having no wireless here, too, but I am unwilling to wait, as my 30 days is up shortly, and I really do not want to be locked into a 2 year contract with a phone I am unable to use 5 days a week.

Goodbye sprint, Goodbye pre. Here's hoping you can come to AT&T or Tmobile some day.

Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    bye?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    That sucks. No Wifi for your work?
    It goes without saying..carrier should be your first priority. If you don't have coverage, then look elsewhere.
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Thanks for informing us!
    The Pre will be on other carriers soon enough. You just gotta wait it out
    Geez, thats a pain. Sprint's pretty dumb for not willing to give you an airave... Sometimes I just don't understand what those people are doing over there at Customer Care >_> Might I suggest an iPhone 3GS then or a Blackberry Tour? 3GS has good web surfing and the Tour at least multi-tasks.
  8. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I'm getting pretty tired of this phone. I got it the day it came out and yeah, it was pretty exciting at first, but the HORRIBLE battery life, lack of updates, poor set of features and bugs drove me off the edge.

It's been more than 30 days now but does anybody know of a good way to cancel my plan with Sprint and somehow get money for the device?

Maybe somebody here has an iphone 3GS with a contract and they'd like to trade?

Oh - and I have to keep my number. any advice? (and please save all the snotty remarks to yourselves)
    Past the 30 day mark will make it hard to cancel without paying the ETF and they won't take back the phone.
  10. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Whats the ETF? how much is it?
    Why would you wait past 30 days if you knew you didn't like it? Honest Question
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    I'm getting pretty tired of this phone. I got it the day it came out and yeah, it was pretty exciting at first, but the HORRIBLE battery life, lack of updates, poor set of features and bugs drove me off the edge.

It's been more than 30 days now but does anybody know of a good way to cancel my plan with Sprint and somehow get money for the device?

Maybe somebody here has an iphone 3GS with a contract and they'd like to trade?

Oh - and I have to keep my number. any advice? (and please save all the snotty remarks to yourselves)
    Its impossible that I know of...
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Read your contract.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Whats the ETF? how much is it?
    Early Termination Fee and the fine print should be in your contract.
  15. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Yeah, thanks - I'm sure there are plenty tricks and things you can do to get around what they write in the contract.
  16. yoe
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffrydasean View Post
    Why would you wait past 30 days if you knew you didn't like it? Honest Question

maybe because I DIDNT know? it takes a while to get to know a phone. but this thing just has so many bugs and every single program on it is lacking (to say the least)
    port number to AT&T for iphone
    sprint account cancels
    sell pre on ebay
    you lose some money, but really thats all you can do

other than call customer care and tell them you have had problems with the phone since day 1, you attempted to get the phone issues resolved for the past 30 days but finally realised that you cant. Get them to waive the ETF if you return the phone (its possible even after 30 days). Or get them to issue your sprint account a balance credit since you technically could not use your phone, so sometimes they will offer you a credit for "down time".

good luck :P
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Yeah, thanks - I'm sure there are plenty tricks and things you can do to get around what they write in the contract.
    Not likely. Their lawyers get paid big bucks not to leave loop holes.
    Last edited by evilsandwich; 07/14/2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: dbl
    Right. 'Cause *they* probably don't have a crack legal team on *their* end whose sole job is ensuring that *their* contracts have relatively few, if any loopholes
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast