Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64
  1. #41  
    Some people are just plain hopeless. Sometimes it's just funny - in an evil grin sorta way.
  2. #42  
    Public Service Announcement

    If you want your money more than the phone - TAKE IT BACK!!

    Why is this so complicated?

    If you want another phone - GET IT!!!

    Life is too short for all the agonizing that I see here. I understand complaining, bemoaning, etc., but it shouldn't be that hard to MAKE A DECISION.

    Is this the gnashing of teeth from the Bible? HELL.
  3. #43  
    You can try the cell swapper service, look it up. You'll have to change your number tho.
  4. #44  


    no snotty comments here just a visual of my sympathy...
    The Pre does WORK
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by seespotsave45 View Post


    no snotty comments here just a visual of my sympathy...
    Haha!
  6. #46  
    can i borrow that for a minute?

  7. yoe
    yoe is offline
    yoe's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
    port number to AT&T for iphone
    sprint account cancels
    sell pre on ebay
    you lose some money, but really thats all you can do


    other than call customer care and tell them you have had problems with the phone since day 1, you attempted to get the phone issues resolved for the past 30 days but finally realised that you cant. Get them to waive the ETF if you return the phone (its possible even after 30 days). Or get them to issue your sprint account a balance credit since you technically could not use your phone, so sometimes they will offer you a credit for "down time".

    good luck :P
    Very helpful man, thanks!
  8. IMethos's Avatar
    Posts
    487 Posts
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by seespotsave45 View Post


    no snotty comments here just a visual of my sympathy...
    FTW! If it took this guy thirty days to know his phone then he has to pay the cost to divorce it...

    And i don't get these people. What did ya'll expect?
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by syphex View Post
    I think most people including myself are tired of this forum not being about the pre. I'm really tired of hearing things about people taking back the pre and getting an iphone as if it's some big insult. This guy obviously signed a contract where it's in plain english says that the phone can be returned within 30 days and doesn't want to pay the fee. He is also complaining that the phone is lacking updates? Are you kidding me? This phone has already had what 3 updates in 6 weeks? What other phone has ever had updates like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    That's 'cause there is no "i" in Pre. If you want to know about the iPhone... there's an app... I mean... a forum, for that.
    This is exactly what I mean. The post that I originally mentioned the dreaded "i-word" was in the context of: "I have an employee plan and am embargoed until who knows when - it's almost temping me to get an iPhone, until I look at AT&T prices" and people jumped down my throat for it.

    Same here. One mention and BAM people jumping down your throat. Are all the Pre boards this bad?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    I'm getting pretty tired of this phone. I got it the day it came out and yeah, it was pretty exciting at first, but the HORRIBLE battery life, lack of updates, poor set of features and bugs drove me off the edge.

    It's been more than 30 days now but does anybody know of a good way to cancel my plan with Sprint and somehow get money for the device?

    Maybe somebody here has an iphone 3GS with a contract and they'd like to trade?

    Oh - and I have to keep my number. any advice? (and please save all the snotty remarks to yourselves)
    Here's a good way - Call ATT (or whatever phone co you want to go with). Pick a phone, have them transfer your number. Then, call Sprint. Cancel your service. Pay the fees. Put the phone on eBay.

    Simple

    It's called "being responsible for the choices you made".
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Here's a good way - Call ATT (or whatever phone co you want to go with). Pick a phone, have them transfer your number. Then, call Sprint. Cancel your service. Pay the fees. Put the phone on eBay.

    Simple

    It's called "being responsible for the choices you made".
    No! That's too much liberty for one person. The government should have its hands in this to protect all the people that don't want to pay the fees. Its not fair that one should have to pay fees because of some contract

    There should be a tax credit sent to all people who waited past 30 days and also to people who do not pay taxes at all or own a phone. Just to be fair.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by AcousticBruce View Post
    No! That's too much liberty for one person. The government should have its hands in this to protect all the people that don't want to pay the fees. Its not fair that one should have to pay fees because of some contract

    There should be a tax credit sent to all people who waited past 30 days and also to people who do not pay taxes at all or own a phone. Just to be fair.
    Be careful what you say in jest. Have you seen this "wireless welfare" information?
  13. #53  
    we will call it the istimulus package!
    Last edited by seespotsave45; 07/15/2009 at 11:21 PM.
    The Pre does WORK
  14. noblejohn's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #54  
    I bought my Pre 6/6. Obsessed over it since CES in January. Last weekend (Friday) my fiance bought the 3GS 16 GB white....by Sunday evening I was speaking with retentions about cancelling my account, returning my Pre (my 3rd one I must add) and anxiously waiting to join the cult of Apple followers.

    The Pre is a good, solid, smartly designed phone. But Palm tried TOO hard. Was the Apple crew at Palm a gift or curse????? I say both but ultimately it was a curse for me. Palm rushed to get the Pre out before Apple WWDC and dropped the ball. The Palm Pre is a beta product. I had 3 Palm Pre's in 5 weeks (and needed a fourth). EACH Pre had a horrendous, embarrassing shameful battery (Shame on you Palm!!!). I went from 1.0.01 to 1.0.04 and only saw very minor battery life improvement. I was told by Sprint repeatedly to dim the screen all the way (iPhone 3GS default is MAX brightness), turn off push Gmail, turn off GPS, turn off Wifi when not in use, always keep Wifi on (yes, i was told to do both), dont leave apps open when not using (WTF is multitasking then?!?!?!), dont sync Google Calendar, dont sync AIM, sign out of Gtalk/AIM when not in use (which TOTALLY defeats the purpose of IM) and to not remain in an area with poor signal coverage (my Pre ALWAYS had 1-2 bars at home where I use it most...my Blackberry 8330 had 3-4...3GS ALWAYS, without fail has 5 bars).

    But I digress. If I did indeed make all these changes, I wouldnt have a smartphone but rather a....dumb phone???

    My other main problem other than battery life was the screen. EACH of the 3 Pre's had dead pixels (b/w 1 and 20!) and overheated, which caused discoloration on the bottom of my screen. Every one. And the warranty date ranged from 5/27 on my first Pre to 6/26 on my final Pre. Not to mention how terribly SLUGGISH the Pre gets when multitasking (even basic, not intense), the memory leaks (telling me I cant open any more cards with only ONE open?!?!?!?!?!) and the painfully annoying low signal strength and dropped calls (hardly EVER had dropped calls with my blackberry....not 1 with 3GS)

    Needless to say, I left Sprint and went to iPhone. And my what a difference a week makes. 2 days of casually using and experiencing the iPhone wiped away 6 months of Pre obsession and 5 weeks of heavy Pre use (I really felt like a beta tester).

    I have not had one single solitary delay or hiccup since I bought this phone. Have 5 bars 90% of the time, SIGNIFICANTLY improved battery (I mean night and day people), SIGNIFICANTLY improved web browing (faster, better youtube and quicktime video integration, better formating, autofill, better bookmark mgmt & syncronization, etc.), smooth and responsive EVERY DAY ALL DAY, bigger and better screen (glass vs plastic, no repeated taps like with Pre) and of course 65,000 apps vs 30. I could go on and on but I dont wanna **** my PreCentral fam off. Just sharing my experience. But we shoud not accept sub par build quality just because Palm needs the Pre out before iPhone 3GS.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by noblejohn View Post
    I bought my Pre 6/6. Obsessed over it since CES in January. Last weekend (Friday) my fiance bought the 3GS 16 GB white....by Sunday evening I was speaking with retentions about cancelling my account, returning my Pre (my 3rd one I must add) and anxiously waiting to join the cult of Apple followers.

    The Pre is a good, solid, smartly designed phone. But Palm tried TOO hard. Was the Apple crew at Palm a gift or curse????? I say both but ultimately it was a curse for me. Palm rushed to get the Pre out before Apple WWDC and dropped the ball. The Palm Pre is a beta product. I had 3 Palm Pre's in 5 weeks (and needed a fourth). EACH Pre had a horrendous, embarrassing shameful battery (Shame on you Palm!!!). I went from 1.0.01 to 1.0.04 and only saw very minor battery life improvement. I was told by Sprint repeatedly to dim the screen all the way (iPhone 3GS default is MAX brightness), turn off push Gmail, turn off GPS, turn off Wifi when not in use, always keep Wifi on (yes, i was told to do both), dont leave apps open when not using (WTF is multitasking then?!?!?!), dont sync Google Calendar, dont sync AIM, sign out of Gtalk/AIM when not in use (which TOTALLY defeats the purpose of IM) and to not remain in an area with poor signal coverage (my Pre ALWAYS had 1-2 bars at home where I use it most...my Blackberry 8330 had 3-4...3GS ALWAYS, without fail has 5 bars).

    But I digress. If I did indeed make all these changes, I wouldnt have a smartphone but rather a....dumb phone???

    My other main problem other than battery life was the screen. EACH of the 3 Pre's had dead pixels (b/w 1 and 20!) and overheated, which caused discoloration on the bottom of my screen. Every one. And the warranty date ranged from 5/27 on my first Pre to 6/26 on my final Pre. Not to mention how terribly SLUGGISH the Pre gets when multitasking (even basic, not intense), the memory leaks (telling me I cant open any more cards with only ONE open?!?!?!?!?!) and the painfully annoying low signal strength and dropped calls (hardly EVER had dropped calls with my blackberry....not 1 with 3GS)

    Needless to say, I left Sprint and went to iPhone. And my what a difference a week makes. 2 days of casually using and experiencing the iPhone wiped away 6 months of Pre obsession and 5 weeks of heavy Pre use (I really felt like a beta tester).

    I have not had one single solitary delay or hiccup since I bought this phone. Have 5 bars 90% of the time, SIGNIFICANTLY improved battery (I mean night and day people), SIGNIFICANTLY improved web browing (faster, better youtube and quicktime video integration, better formating, autofill, better bookmark mgmt & syncronization, etc.), smooth and responsive EVERY DAY ALL DAY, bigger and better screen (glass vs plastic, no repeated taps like with Pre) and of course 65,000 apps vs 30. I could go on and on but I dont wanna **** my PreCentral fam off. Just sharing my experience. But we shoud not accept sub par build quality just because Palm needs the Pre out before iPhone 3GS.
    OMG you went from 1.0.01 to 1.0.04 and still not much improvement!!
    a month later you would expect it to wipe your ***
    someone pass that violin here
  16. gigaorg's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    #56  
    Enjoy the IPhone. It is the better phone right now. The people that are on board with the Pre see the potential and have the patience to wait for apps, see bugs get fixed, and beleive the future is bright. I have had no HW issues, no battery issues, and no signal issues (so it is hard for me to truly emphathize). I love the phone and continue to get converts whenever I show it off.
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    Whats the ETF? how much is it?
    Early termination fee, and is $200/line.

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  18. noblejohn's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    OMG you went from 1.0.01 to 1.0.04 and still not much improvement!!
    a month later you would expect it to wipe your ***
    someone pass that violin here
    no, but i would expect a phone that $450 mil was poured into to at least have a decent battery. Multi tasking is the core of webOS, but the battery is garbage and cant handle multiple cards,Synergy, 3G/WiFi radios....so WTF is the purpose of all those features if the device cant handle it??

    Think about it. Why do you think Palm was the first to introduce such a high end, convenient wireless charger to the market? BECAUSE THE PHONE LIVES ON THE CHARGER THATS WHY.

    Palm wants you guys to accept mediocrity and sub par performance and cheap manufacturing (dead pixels, wobbly sliders, discolored screens, ***** for a battery that overheats,etc.) i refuse to.
  19. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by noblejohn View Post
    Palm wants you guys to accept mediocrity and sub par performance and cheap manufacturing (dead pixels, wobbly sliders, discolored screens, ***** for a battery that overheats,etc.) i refuse to.
    I would too. Fortunately, my Pre has none of the above.
  20. haunt's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by noblejohn View Post
    I bought my Pre 6/6. Obsessed over it since CES in January. Last weekend (Friday) my fiance bought the 3GS 16 GB white....by Sunday evening I was speaking with retentions about cancelling my account, returning my Pre (my 3rd one I must add) and anxiously waiting to join the cult of Apple followers.

    The Pre is a good, solid, smartly designed phone. But Palm tried TOO hard. Was the Apple crew at Palm a gift or curse????? I say both but ultimately it was a curse for me. Palm rushed to get the Pre out before Apple WWDC and dropped the ball. The Palm Pre is a beta product. I had 3 Palm Pre's in 5 weeks (and needed a fourth). EACH Pre had a horrendous, embarrassing shameful battery (Shame on you Palm!!!). I went from 1.0.01 to 1.0.04 and only saw very minor battery life improvement. I was told by Sprint repeatedly to dim the screen all the way (iPhone 3GS default is MAX brightness), turn off push Gmail, turn off GPS, turn off Wifi when not in use, always keep Wifi on (yes, i was told to do both), dont leave apps open when not using (WTF is multitasking then?!?!?!), dont sync Google Calendar, dont sync AIM, sign out of Gtalk/AIM when not in use (which TOTALLY defeats the purpose of IM) and to not remain in an area with poor signal coverage (my Pre ALWAYS had 1-2 bars at home where I use it most...my Blackberry 8330 had 3-4...3GS ALWAYS, without fail has 5 bars).

    But I digress. If I did indeed make all these changes, I wouldnt have a smartphone but rather a....dumb phone???

    My other main problem other than battery life was the screen. EACH of the 3 Pre's had dead pixels (b/w 1 and 20!) and overheated, which caused discoloration on the bottom of my screen. Every one. And the warranty date ranged from 5/27 on my first Pre to 6/26 on my final Pre. Not to mention how terribly SLUGGISH the Pre gets when multitasking (even basic, not intense), the memory leaks (telling me I cant open any more cards with only ONE open?!?!?!?!?!) and the painfully annoying low signal strength and dropped calls (hardly EVER had dropped calls with my blackberry....not 1 with 3GS)

    Needless to say, I left Sprint and went to iPhone. And my what a difference a week makes. 2 days of casually using and experiencing the iPhone wiped away 6 months of Pre obsession and 5 weeks of heavy Pre use (I really felt like a beta tester).

    I have not had one single solitary delay or hiccup since I bought this phone. Have 5 bars 90% of the time, SIGNIFICANTLY improved battery (I mean night and day people), SIGNIFICANTLY improved web browing (faster, better youtube and quicktime video integration, better formating, autofill, better bookmark mgmt & syncronization, etc.), smooth and responsive EVERY DAY ALL DAY, bigger and better screen (glass vs plastic, no repeated taps like with Pre) and of course 65,000 apps vs 30. I could go on and on but I dont wanna **** my PreCentral fam off. Just sharing my experience. But we shoud not accept sub par build quality just because Palm needs the Pre out before iPhone 3GS.
    I'd rather deal with those minor things than feel like a fat monkey smashing my fingers against a piece of glass that can't tell what i want to write for the life of it. i have actual work to do, clients to email, etc etc. Sure the iphone works alright, its a mac. but the pre has a real keyboard = its the same damn elitist design flaw apple did with their single button mice. its a terrible design.

    plus its forced me to be smarter with my calender and contacts for better sync with the pre. even with apple's 'flawless' syncing to my macs, i still had to pay a month fee just to have my damn phone sync'd on mobile me. now i'm on google and everything is sync'd great - house - work - phone. No problems.

    service is cheaper, nights start earlier, etc etc etc.

    imo, the iphone sucks. and im an interactive designer that wouldn't ever use a pc for design work.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions