Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm really just curious on what you expected? What other device out right now do you get instant updates to problems? Hell I'm ecstatic that the updates are over the air instead of having to use a computer. If you waited past your 30 day mark then I think you should pay the early termination fee and just sell the phone on ebay.

Oh yeah and good luck getting instant updates on the iphone lol.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    K bye, don't let the door hit you.
    All in all, I'm sad you don't like the phone. My wife and I both love ours.
    Can you actually give some examples of bugs you've encountered?
    Also, welcome to a Smart Phone, most - correction, all smart phones that are worth a dime require daily or near daily charges.
    What lack of features drove you off that you won't have in a month or two with applications?
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
    Quote Originally Posted by yoe View Post
    maybe because I DIDNT know? it takes a while to get to know a phone. but this thing just has so many bugs and every single program on it is lacking (to say the least)
    The 30 day limit is spelled out in the contract, and you did have to initial it. The early termination fee is either $175 or $200. Next time read before signing.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    (and please save all the snotty remarks to yourselves)
    Couldn't agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    I think it is a valid concern - I mentioned being temped by the iPhone and got a snotty remark. This board has gotten really snippy since the Pre's launch.
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    I wasn't going to make a snotty remark but then you requested that we all keep them to ourselves, so I will just say to you, "Don't let the perfectly solid sliding keyboard hit you on the way out". BTW thanks for giving me the idea to post this snotty remark.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I think it is a valid concern - I mentioned being temped by the iPhone and got a snotty remark. This board has gotten really snippy since the Pre's launch.
    That's 'cause there is no "i" in Pre. If you want to know about the iPhone... there's an app... I mean... a forum, for that.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Yeah, thanks - I'm sure there are plenty tricks and things you can do to get around what they write in the contract.
    And to think I almost prematurely judged you as "one of THOSE people..."

Thank you for confirming it for me.
    That sucks being past the 30 day mark. You'll probably have to pay that pricey ETF. And selling a used Pre won't get you as much as you'd like for it. Also, does Sprint let you get a warrentee on your device if you buy a used phone?

The OP kinda screwed himself by waiting to cancel his account. Sprint isn't going to work with you to help you out. You're leaving them. They are gonna try to get as much cash out of you as possible. That's just how it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I think most people including myself are tired of this forum not being about the pre. I'm really tired of hearing things about people taking back the pre and getting an iphone as if it's some big insult. This guy obviously signed a contract where it's in plain english says that the phone can be returned within 30 days and doesn't want to pay the fee. He is also complaining that the phone is lacking updates? Are you kidding me? This phone has already had what 3 updates in 6 weeks? What other phone has ever had updates like that?
    Global Posts
    162 Global Posts
    I call bs. This guy is a troll. Pre has been out for 5 weeks and is already freakin amazing. Hey apple geek: GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I had my Instinct for months before seeing an update and it really didn't update much but some browser issues on a browser that is worse than any other phone.
    ˙soə ɹoɟ ƃuıʇıɐʍ ɹəllıʞ "ʇɔuıʇsuı" uɐ ʇuɐʍ ʇsnɾ ı ˙ɹəllıʞ "əuoɥdı" uɐ əq oʇ "ēɹd" ɹoɟ ƃuıʞool ʇou
    It takes you 30 days to "know" a phone?...We are two totally different people because it takes me a couple of hours to know a phone...how much time should they have given you to know it??
    Ask ATT if they'll reimburse you for the fee associated with leaving Sprint. See how interested they are in acquiring you as a customer.
    I am almost to this guys frustration.
    Bad battery.
    GPS charge issue. GPS freeze issue. Youtube stopping problem.
    Poor build quality. (last phone cracked itself.. sprint stores would not help)

I am still thinking what I want to do. Have 2 days to decide.
    And you needed to start a new thread for what reason?

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ight=returning
    We seriously need a subforum for these goodbye posts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    We seriously need a subforum for these goodbye posts...
    Be almost as helpful if people used the search button too...I guess to whine and complain you need to start a new thread.

I request you take your post and create a new thread to help the process lol.
    I understand your frustration and you are not alone by any means! I have read many posts outside precentral who are on the same fence. I now understand why the "Hands Off" policy was so important to palm prior to release. Why the SDK was not ready, will not be ready for some time. And what about those "Thousand" plus developers palm released the SDK to, see any new apps released in past 3 weeks? me neither. Yet we have more homebrew apps in the last few days than palm has had in the past 30 days, including the useless OS updates!
    Any questions why palm was failing before, maybe..but not any more.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast