Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that when connecting the pre via he headset jack to a stereo, the output is a little on the low side? I tried Pandora, and the music app, and both played my music at lower volumes than my CD's and FM radio play, however Sprint Navigation's voice alerts were super loud. I tried the same mp3's on an mp3 CD in the same stereo and the songs were much louder than when listening via the Pre. Any solutions?
    It may a bit lower, but it sounds pretty good. I noticed the iphone 3gs is louder but (in my case) seems distorted a bit at its highest.
    wow this is the opposite for me. Sprint nav comes in low and music is louder, not then regular stereo as aux is usually lower than everything else, but this was louder than my ipod touch in the aux port
    O and quality compared to my ipod touch is also better
    You might try different headphones to see if that helps. Otherwise, you might get some help from a replacement audio player...when one is available. I had one on my Treo that supported overdriving by 12dB.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    I also notice that the low frequencies (bass) are lacking. Can't figure out what is wrong here,
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    I also notice that the low frequencies (bass) are lacking. Can't figure out what is wrong here,

What are you using for earphones.
    They are not all created equal you know..
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have BOSE triport in-ear headphones and it's overly loud at the highest... when i plug my iPod touch headphones in, it's a lot softer.
    BTW..(and sorry to throw in the iphone..i'm still comparing) went to Cincy this past weekend. Threw some tv shows on both the iphone and Pre. Pre is sharper, no glitches, lower sound but its not distorted and more than enough for me. Iphone was glitchy now and then on video, have to turn volume down so its not distorted and basically seemed a bit washed out in comparison.

If i had to choose, it'd be the Pre for watching video or listening to audio. Pretty surprising.

While i'm at it, the Pre seemed to perform better hooked to aux in the car. Pandora worked like a charm and still able to use phone. Calls came in and they're on speaker. With iphone, not the case. Looking up places to go? Reached for Pre. Make a call? Pre. I think the only time iphone was reached for was to read part of a kindle book or a short game of bejeweled.

So while the iphone has more polished native apps at this point, it was surprising to me how i reached for the Pre first..
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    Klipsch Image here. Have Etymotic hf2 as well. Ipod/iphone definitely much louder but as i said, more distorted past a certain point. Pre is great though and plenty loud enough IMO.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    No headphones, AUX on my car stereo, and AUX on my home AVR. Both pump out a ton of bass and are LOUD with FM radio and CD's, not the case with the Pre.
    No headphones, AUX on my car stereo, and AUX on my home AVR. Both pump out a ton of bass and are LOUD with FM radio and CD's, not the case with the Pre.
    Yup...no bass with Pandora in my car either. The pre is in need of an EQ.
    I am having this same problem. My iPod through my car via aux cable is very loud. The pre via the same aux cable is not loud enough.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Same problem here. When the music from my Pre is played through my car audio at a good level the Navigation alerts BLAST through the speakers. I couldn't seem to find a middle ground between the two.

The other problem of course is that when navigating on city streets the Navigator interrupts the music every 10 seconds or so. May have to just turn off the voice prompts.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    How do you turn off voice prompts?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    How do you turn off voice prompts?
    Under the Navigation Preferences - Audio gives you three choices: With Street Names, No Street Names, No Audio.

No Street Names makes it a little bit better with music playing, then it just says "Turn left, turn right", etc.
    I've noticed the low audio on music too. Has anyone found any workarounds?
    Long Live Palm
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Bump.

Anyone found a reason for no bass with Pandora through my car aux? ipod nano sounds fine in my car, pandora on pre has no bass.
    I need a workaround too. No bass is driving me nuts