Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    After resisting the urge to return my Pre for two stuck pixels, my phone developed static in the earpiece which makes it unusable for business. I bought the phone at a non corporate Sprint store, but after talking with CS I was told to exchange my phone at a corporate store. I am still within my 30 days.

On Saturday I went to the corporate store and spoke with the manager and she agreed the phone is defective, but refused to exchange it since it was purchased at a non corporate store. I then went to the store I bought the phone and they ordered a replacement, but said it is backordered and can be 7-10 days. By that time my 30 day window will be over.

Should I just return the phone and cancel my account and then reconnect it and buy a new Pre at the corporate store? If I do that, what happens to the corporate discount I have on my account and my phone numbers? I contacted the corporate manager again today and she refused to help me. I guess my other option is to call Sprint corporate again and see if they will help me get an exchange in the corporate store.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to handle this? Thanks!
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by packfanlv View Post
    After resisting the urge to return my Pre for two stuck pixels, my phone developed static in the earpiece which makes it unusable for business. I bought the phone at a non corporate Sprint store, but after talking with CS I was told to exchange my phone at a corporate store. I am still within my 30 days.

On Saturday I went to the corporate store and spoke with the manager and she agreed the phone is defective, but refused to exchange it since it was purchased at a non corporate store. I then went to the store I bought the phone and they ordered a replacement, but said it is backordered and can be 7-10 days. By that time my 30 day window will be over.

Should I just return the phone and cancel my account and then reconnect it and buy a new Pre at the corporate store? If I do that, what happens to the corporate discount I have on my account and my phone numbers? I contacted the corporate manager again today and she refused to help me. I guess my other option is to call Sprint corporate again and see if they will help me get an exchange in the corporate store.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to handle this? Thanks!
    Call *2 for resolution.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Perhaps try to return the phone to the original store and then get a new one at the corp store? That way the account would still be active perhaps?
    If you already ordered a replacement then it is considered within your 30 days. The replacment should have been ordered under your account so you should be fine.
    Just call CS. Once i was with retentions (for airave) they were basically asking me if i needed a new Pre shipped and whatever else after i had mentioned a stuck pixel. I declined but they'll take care of you. Hard part is getting there.