1.    #1  
    I thought the guy had it working and was about to release it. Any ideas?
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I have no idea what you're talking about. There was a guy who released some time laps "videos", but I know nothing of this fabled video application you speak of.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Please post a link to the youtube video.
    I can't remember if it was mentioned or not but is the pre capable of video capture or will we need a new version (like 3gs)
  5. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I can't remember if it was mentioned or not but is the pre capable of video capture or will we need a new version (like 3gs)
    The phone is capable of video capture.
  6.    #6  
    You guys don't remember that youtube video where a guy shows off a simple app that he made for the palm pre? He said he needed a bit more work, but that it was possible.
    closest i can find

Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Google is amazing!

Sorry, missed by 1 minute!
    Seems like my treo 755p had more out-of-the-box capabilities than my new "upgraded" Pre.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by MRBULLRED View Post
    closest i can find

There you go!! So nobody wants to make it a homebrew app? It seems like he is sharing his code to make it yourself..
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I bet it requires rooting since it's accessing the camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillen_i30 View Post
    Seems like my treo 755p had more out-of-the-box capabilities than my new "upgraded" Pre.
    Man I totally agree with you on that!!!
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Your 755P was a 4th generation device ;-)
    Last edited by irateb; 07/13/2009 at 06:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    Your 755P was a 4th generation device ;-)
    Yea but it was created by the same company. The iphone was Apples first forray into the smartphone market, so they are allowed a couple generations to get it right. PALM is over 10 years in the game. Do you think Apple will release a phone 10 years from now with less functionality than the current iphone and call it revolutionary?
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Yea but it was created by the same company. The iphone was Apples first forray into the smartphone market, so they are allowed a couple generations to get it right. PALM is over 10 years in the game. Do you think Apple will release a phone 10 years from now with less functionality than the current iphone and call it revolutionary?
    If they come up with brand new OS while at the same time trying to steal some market share from the current industry leader by releasing the phone a little prematurely, then yes.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irateb View Post
    If they come up with brand new OS while at the same time trying to steal some market share from the current industry leader by releasing the phone a little prematurely, then yes.
    And, frankly, I think while everyone was boo-hooing Palm for releasing it before Apple's release was absolutely 100% wrong. I said it back then and it has come true. Now every single time the iPhone is mentioned SO is the Pre.

You almost can't find a news bite anywhere that doesn't mention them in the same breath. That's advertising you can't buy.

Plus, a lot of people here don't seem to release that when Rubenstein came aboard he had them scrap EVERYTHING they were working on to build a brand new OS and they did this in 15 months which is unheard of. Kudos to Rubenstein.

It's amazing to think they built this from the ground up in just 15 months. I can wait for the apps, by way of a time comparison to the OS build, they'll be here in the blink of an eye.
    if you hold down the spacebar key with the camera open it will take a pictures every second. Thats how the guy is doing it, he is just taking a picture every second.
    Sprint store rep told me to wait... The Pre is supposed to be coming out with a software upgrade that will include Video capabilities...

Looks like Palm may have released the Pre with less options then they could do but they wanted the phone out faster to get the money coming in... Then wait to upgrade the software once they got the bugs worked out..

Not a bad idea.. I seem to remember hearing the hardware was capable of 12mp and 30fps video...

So my guess is just wait and it will come... This phone is very new still.. I just changed to the family data plan and will be getting my daughter her own Pre for christmas.. By then they should be pretty well worked out..

Rodney