Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    'Just going with the flow'. Interesting concept for a commercial.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    That extremely pale white girl freaks me out a bit. She almost looks like a robot with fake skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    That extremely pale white girl freaks me out a bit. She almost looks like a robot with fake skin.
    Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing. I wish Palm would stop trying to be mystical and just showcase the phone itself.
    Anyone have a youtube link for those of us on our Pre's?
  5.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Anyone have a youtube link for those of us on our Pre's?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Hahaha! I was thinking the same thing. I wish Palm would stop trying to be mystical and just showcase the phone itself.
    You're right. Even though they did so slightly more of what the phone can do in this commercial than in previous ones.
    I think these Palm Ads are dumb...

Artsy Fartsy when they should be highlighting the features and explaining instead of abstract interpretation through dance. As useful as the ads of the CEO taking a cab ride to nowhere.

If word of mouth and previous press releases didnt show this as a direct competitor to the iPhone, you'd think it's selling them again the LG Dare or Chocolate or Helios.

They need a new ad company.
  8.    #9  
    I understand the whole "flow", "Zen of Palm", but this commercial does not make me want to get a Pre. Make a commercial that makes people want the product, I don't get that feeling after watching that commercial. It makes me hope she's using the Pre's multitasking ability to look for a Psychiatrist, schedule an appointment, and research an antidepressant.

C'mon Palm this is worse than the Bill Gates Jerry Seinfeld ads.
    Jimmie Geddes
    It seems like the commercials aren't really for the phone b/c they focus so much on the girl. This most recent commercial will have you asking when is that woman going to get a tan!
    Before the Pre came out, I showed my anti-gadget wife the first Pre commercial with this girl. She immediately said - "I want that phone".
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Indeed! That's where Apple is doing right: showing off the phone's functional features while playing a catchy tune. Palm needs to can the hippy feel good crap and tell people straight up why this phone is bad ***!
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    I like the first ad (Flow) and I thought it was great but I thought this one was just creepy.
    Can we get some WOMEN to opine on this ad. I'm not impressed, but maybe I have the wrong chromosome makeup.
    I guarantee you that Palm's agency did massive amounts of research to find the person who would best appeal to their target market. And, I think their objective #1 is to reestablish the Palm brand. Objective #2 is to sell the Pre specifically. In fact, I'd go out on a limb and say that objective #2 might actually be to sell WebOS, with the Pre itself coming in third.

Apple's ads must necessarily be different. Their brand is rock solid, and the iPhone is simply iconic. At the same time, the iPhone OS is really just a glorified app launcher, and so it's very easy to show its strengths by demoing some apps that show well in small bites. The Pre's value is much deeper and more complex, and thus requires a different approach.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Antidepressant commercial?

Maybe that was their goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    LOL. She was ok looking on the original flow commercial, graceful looking of a sort. But man, your robot description is dead on. She would have made an ideal Terminator. Scary
    Taking into consideration how RIM is trying to focus on how a Blackberry can fit into your entire life outside of work and how Apple is positioning its iPhone to be a swiss-army knife (yes, there's an app for that), then its easy for me to see how Palm is trying to play to the fat middle in showing its strength...multi-tasking. Not effective for us men, but the style and the power converge IMO and it will ignite a bit of curiosity.

"Hey, what about this Palm Pre?" asks a woman to her IT dept. They research and when Palm releases 1.1, they'll reply "Yes, you can have that. And it seems to be a cool device!"

But I still think its a weird-ish commercial that couldve shown more meat. Once the apps roll out and the 1.1 is released, I am sure they will add that to the dialogue.
    i think she is hot, and will buy what ever she want me to buy.

i think i need a pre backup
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    LOL. She was ok looking on the original flow commercial, graceful looking of a sort. But man, your robot description is dead on. She would have made an ideal Terminator. Scary
    I was thinking Borg Queen.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast