Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I own 2 Panasonic webcams (BL-C111A & BL-C131A). They have a web interface that allows you to remotely access the cameras and view streaming video via the Internet web page. This web interface works on cell phones. However, on Windows Mobile phones (I currently own a Q9c and have been waiting out the first wave of Pre's so Palm can work out a few of the kinks before I take the plunge) you can only view still pictures from the webcams. Video does not work. Video does work (from what I've read) on the iPhone for whatever reason.

I was wondering if anyone who currently owns a Pre also owns either of these Panasonic webcams and if you've tried to access the web interface on the Pre and if you can view the streaming video from these webcams on the Pre.

Any information would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    I stream with Ustream and LiveStream at this time Flash is not on the PRE and that's needed for both of those I would think your Pana's use the same thing to remote look.

They say it is coming and should be soon but who really knows in tech what soon is.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Thanks for your response, ImNoPrince. It doesn't use flash for the stream. It uses either MPEG or MPEG4 (RTP Unicast) (you can choose between either). As I mentioned, people who have these camera and have iPhones are able to stream the video from the camera but Windows Mobile users can only view still pics from the camera.

I definitely be interested to hear from anyone owning both the Pre and one of these camera if the video streaming actually works on the Pre. Would be great news if it did.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Maybe if the video stream is not sensitive you could post the links for us Pre owners to check out ourselves?

I'd be interested to see if this works, as well...
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    I have a BB-HCM371A wireless outdoor Panasonic webcam.

Streaming does not seem to work, but it does work for me if I set it for updates every 10 seconds. You can also touch the screen to move the camera.

The mobile version also works (just add /mobile to the end of the url), but this does not update.

How do you switch between mpeg and mpeg4 rtp unicast?
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by areinus View Post
    Maybe if the video stream is not sensitive you could post the links for us Pre owners to check out ourselves?

I'd be interested to see if this works, as well...
    Hi. The cameras are setup in the house. One in my family room and one in the living room looking out the picture window. Nothing personal but I'd rather not give out the website info (no one needs to see my at my computer in my underwear ).
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    I have a BB-HCM371A wireless outdoor Panasonic webcam.

Streaming does not seem to work, but it does work for me if I set it for updates every 10 seconds. You can also touch the screen to move the camera.

The mobile version also works (just add /mobile to the end of the url), but this does not update.

How do you switch between mpeg and mpeg4 rtp unicast?
    I'm not sure that your setup is the same as mine. My camera use a Panasonic-hosted website (viewnetcam.com) to let you access your camera remotely. Each user has their own site off this main site for their cameras. As for switching between MPEG and MPEG4, it's just a dropdown box within the site once your viewing your camera.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    why are we comparing panasonic cameras to the pres 3 mp weak flash garbage
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ser0 View Post
    why are we comparing panasonic cameras to the pres 3 mp weak flash garbage
    WHY ARE YOU GOING AROUND NOT READING POSTS AND MAKING COMMENTS THAT HAVE NOTHING DO TO WITH THE ACTUAL POST.

That being said I have a panasonic netcam and from viewnetcam.com (basic and easiest setup) I canNOT view my stream.
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    That being said I have a panasonic netcam and from viewnetcam.com (basic and easiest setup) I canNOT view my stream.
    That stinks. I appreciate the input though.
    i have 2 panasonic IP cameras hooked up at the job i own
    from my phone nothing shows up on screen(it will not stream), however if i touch finger on the blank white area, it will move my camera(but no good since i cant see the camera)

Would be great to have this working
    Even if you access the camera from your home browser u have to download something to get it to work, its not flash, but its some object you have to download to view it from basically any browser