What's this have to do with the Pre?
  2.    #3  
    I am wondering if the technique will work on the Pre.
  3.    #4  
    anyone??
    What technique? We have tethering.
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    anyone??
    Why don't you try it?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Ronnienyc, I'm guessing you're a newbie so I'll help you out here. The Pre has full tethering for free and works great. Sprint users have been doing this for many years without problems as long as you don't go crazy and try to make a dedicated server connection on a tethered Pre, Sprint shouldn't give you a hard time

Your article in a London paper about the iPhone and a UK service provider has little to do with anything on this site or the Pre. So either go here to have a tethered Pre or post these things over the appropriate site O2 Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Ronnienyc, I'm guessing you're a newbie so I'll help you out here. The Pre has full tethering for free and works great. Sprint users have been doing this for many years without problems as long as you don't go crazy and try to make a dedicated server connection on a tethered Pre, Sprint shouldn't give you a hard time

Your article in a London paper about the iPhone and a UK service provider has little to do with anything on this site or the Pre. So either go here to have a tethered Pre or post these things over the appropriate site O2 Forum
    I gotta say I love "My Tether"
  8.    #9  
    I have been tethering my phones for years (BB, Instinct, etc.) but I am not too technical and am looking for a way with the Pre which does not require hours of tinkering and the potential for me to BRICK it.

Any idea *how much time it takes* to do the rooting and everything else in the instructions below?

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-scripts.html
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I did it today, took about 15-20 min, working very slow, taking my time.