1.    #1  
    When I get a notification for e-mail for example, swiping off the right side of the screen does nothing. The notification remains until I go into the e-mail app and either read or delete it. Anyone know why?
    Are you trying to swipe with the phone still locked?
    Notifications do display even when locked.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I have this issue with text messages. The little thought bubble shows up in the bottom right and essentially have to get out of text messaging and then click on it again for it to go away.
  4.    #4  
    This is when the phone is not locked
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    when you click the little bubble, it should bring up the actual notification card. you should be able to swipe that off. can't swipe away the little bubble
  6.    #6  
    moserjj, it doesn't work most of the time...
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Swipe LEFT people....geez
    there isn't a problem with notifications
    if you press the notification it will show what it is, press the screen and it will minimize
    swipe left to clear the notification. got it??
  8.    #8  
    IMethos, neither way works.
    That's odd. Are you at 1.0.4? I can swipe it to the left or right w/o it returning. It completely goes away.
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    does the notification "bounce" like you moved it or seem like its stuck there? if i don't run my finger off the screen it doesn't go away sometimes
    Works both ways for me
  12.    #12  
    Yes it "bounces" even if my finger goes off the screen. Hmmm...
    Global Posts
    470 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnienyc View Post
    Yes it "bounces" even if my finger goes off the screen. Hmmm...
    and you don't have any other issues delete swiping emails, texts and the like? strange. if other swipe deleting works, it's almost gotta be a software bug
  14.    #14  
    Yes, my other swiping works fine (e-mails and texts).
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Omaha Husker View Post
    I have this issue with text messages. The little thought bubble shows up in the bottom right and essentially have to get out of text messaging and then click on it again for it to go away.
    I agree. It is redundant to do that. I found a simple shortcut. Just slide the notification message to the right (or left) and it will go away. Helps a lot until Palm fixes this someday.
    I had this happen to me the other day, just take the battery out and start it back up, it has worked ever since then.
  17.    #17  
    Figured it out - if you linger a moment too long on the notification before swiping, it will simply bounce instead of dismissing...
    Yeah I had this issue to... you MUST swipe in the same motion.

DO NOT TOUCH and SWIPE! Swipe all in one motion.