1.    #1  
    I am out of contract and have been waiting for the Exchange security update, which apparently will be in OS 1.1 (webOS 1.1 rumored to be on the way to Pres shortly, sounds boring so far.
    As soon as that passes our IT evaluation I intend to buy a Pre after almost 2.5 years of a very useful 700P.

Given the multiple ways of buying (online, Sprint store, Best Buy, Radio Shack) what is the easiest and are there any actual price differences? Any other hints (other than looking at the slider and the screen if bought in a store)?
    Last I heard, Best Buy was the only way to get the mail-in rebate immediately, so if cash-flow is an issue, you can keep $100 right away (or spend it on a Touchstone and a case/skin).

OTOH, Sprint is offering a referral bonus of a $25 Visa gift card for you and for an existing Sprint customer whom you say referred you.

Honestly I can't see why someone would purchase at Radio Shack, and with the hardware inconsistencies, buying online seems a bit risky.
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I would say buy the Pre at Best Buy that way you don't have to give that extra 100.00 and get it back 6 weeks later. I bought mine almost 2 weeks ago at Best Buy and the total was 216 with some change if i'm not mistaken. Best Buy and or Radio Shack is your best bet.
    I purchased mine at Best Buy and still sent the rebate form in. On the sprint rebate says it was approved and should have my check in 30 days. So got my pre for $99.
    I bought mine at Best Buy. But i went to Radio shack and a manager said he does competitive pricing, well those werent his exact words but basically thats what he said. He said brind in a paper ad saying the Pres price, and he will sell it to me for lower. So you can try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by alvin319 View Post
    I purchased mine at Best Buy and still sent the rebate form in. On the sprint rebate says it was approved and should have my check in 30 days. So got my pre for $99.
    Im gonna try that
    I'm no fan of Best Buy (preferred Circuit City before they died), but I bought my Pre there and the experience was fantastic. You can't beat the instant $100 savings, and the Sprint $25 referral can still be done with a BB purchased phone. All you do is call that special number within 15 days of activation and put in the referrer's phone number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prefect View Post
    ...the Sprint $25 referral can still be done with a BB purchased phone. All you do is call that special number within 15 days of activation and put in the referrer's phone number.
    Thanks, Prefect. That seals the deal for me. I'm going to use my $50 BB gift card and even get BB Reward Points at the same time. Somehow, I think doing a double rebate like alvin319 suggested would backfire at some point.

-Andrew
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.