Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    so, for the past few days my phone keeps alerting me about a nonexistant notification. It makes the sound as if I have received a text message, but when I look at the phone, there is no notification. I have not received a text, email, voicemail, alarm, task...nothing. It has happened a few times per day for the past several days.

now, I would assume this was a weird glitch with my phone, but here is the strange part... my dad and sister (who both have pre's) have had the same thing occur, if not more frequently than I have noticed.

I have noticed something else that might be related - if I receive a text message around the same time that the phone switches to or from roaming, I will receive a second, blank, text message. Every time I have noticed the phantom notification, I have been in an area with poor sprint reception, and it's possible that this is related.

I am really confused as to what's going on, but it is starting to get annoying. has anyone else noticed anything similar happening on their pre?
    neathings - neat·things and apps for webOS
    I've had it happen to me a couple times. I realized its only happening towards the end of the day for me, then just yesterday I realized it must be for a low battery.

It was on the table next to me and I heard the alert. It was about 30 seconds before I reached over to pick it up and there was no notification but I noticed the battery symbol was yellow. Clicked the battery icon and it was at 20% and that's where the Pre alerts you to a low battery.
    Are you leaving wifi on? I made that mistake when I had my Mogul, driving dowm the interstate. It took me a few minutes to figure out that it was getting, then losing wifi connections.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    wifi is usually left on, but I have noticed it happening when I am in an area with no wifi coverage, so I dont think that is the issue. Also, my battery levels have been just fine when it happens, and no where near 20%.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Does this phone make a sound when it switches to roaming? Could that be it? I have not roamed with my phone yet, so I can't tell you.
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polen View Post
    Does this phone make a sound when it switches to roaming? Could that be it? I have not roamed with my phone yet, so I can't tell you.
    I'm pretty sure my 755p did this.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Polen View Post
    it did not used to, that's for sure (ive seen it switch to roaming without dinging before). perhaps this was a change with the 1.0.4 update?

I know the phone switches to roaming and back almost every time I leave my house, but it doesn't bing every time I leave my house.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    Mine does this as well. strange.
    I've been getting phantom alerts lately as well. Very annoying!
    this happens to me and i get a quick message that my phone cannot establish a data connection... but it the notice goes away quickly.... ithought i was insane feeling it vibrate with no call and a full battery.... we aren't nuts people
    This just started happening to me to. First time was last week. My Pre was sitting on the table in front of me during a meeting and i saw the screen light up and the area just above the lock symbol go black, meaning a notification was about to pop up. It made the chime and some words came up on the screen. I reached for it but as soon as I picked it up off the table, the words disappeared and there was no notification icon left.

I had no new texts, emails, voicemails, nothing. No record of anything coming in.

Now over the past few days, it'll vibrate in my pocket...I'll pull it out, and there's nothing there. Getting very annoying.

Is there an activity logger built into the phone that I could access somewhere to find out what was causing the alert???

Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.
    The PrPrPr&#$275$; $has$ $deep$, $dark$ $roots$. $It$ $is$ $known$ $in$ $some$ $circles$ $to$ $be$ .:$haunted$:.
    Yes, that's right: HAUNTED
    The PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $a$ $VERY$ $disturbed$ $phone$, $whereas$ $it$ $displays$ $its$ $displeasure$ $with$ $real$ $life$; $by$ $not$ $doing$ $things$ $that$ $every$ $other$ $SMARTphone$ $can$ $do$, $like$, $text$ $forwarding$, $notification$ $nags$, $LED$ $alerts$ $and$ $so$ $on$ $and$ $so$ $on$.
    This has made the PrPrPr&#$275$; ($and$ $its$ $users$) $BITTER$ !!
    So, therefore, it gives you .: phantom :. alerts to SPOOOOOOK you!!
    MUHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    this happens to me and i get a quick message that my phone cannot establish a data connection... but it the notice goes away quickly.... ithought i was insane feeling it vibrate with no call and a full battery.... we aren't nuts people
    YES this exact same thing keeps happening to me every few days! What the heck is going on??