1.    #1  
    Hello, now that I have you in here....

Im a new user to the board and thought I would say hello.

My name is Luin, I live in Nixa, Mo and am a proud owner of a Pre since July 8th.

My previous phone was a instinct, so when I found out the Pre was also a touch screen I was almost sold, but when I got to demo one at Best Buy, I WAS 100% SOLD!!

So far I LOVE THIS PHONE! I will be honest, I have oily hands and the shinyness of the pre doesnt help out, so does anyone suggest anything for oily hands? lol

The webOS on the phone is so impressive, that I had a friend with a iPhone said he wanted one, when I said they are only on sprint, he begged for me to add another line and put him on my plan.

I want to learn all I can about this phone and it looks like im in the right place with all the users here. I have been lurking for a few days, and have learnt a few things about it.

I have a few issues tho since owning the pre and I hope I can find the answers here.

Right now, my main issue is when the pre freezes up and reboots itself. Thats nice and all, but it has been happening more and more since ive had it. It was only doing it once a day, but today (sunday) it happened three times. grrrrr

Also, I WANT TO USE RINGTONES FOR TEXT MESSAGING!! Both my previous sprint phones did this and I was used to it. I have missed my text messages every time cause all it does it beep. grrrrrr again. lol

All and all I am very pleased with the pre and want to be apart of this community, and dont worry I will use the "search function".
    Welcome to the forum! As of now, there is no way to change the ringtone for a text message on a stock Pre. You can do it, but it involves rooting. I'm sure Palm will add that feature tho eventually.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 07/13/2009 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Had to add "for a text message"
    Welcome to the forums.

Please don't mislead with false thread titles.

You might browse the forum guidelines also.

Thanks,
    berd
    Just call me Berd.
    How annoying. Way to introduce yourself.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    <<renamed thread>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Wow.. not a great way to start off your PreCentral life... I must now toss you my anti-flame suit.. you're going to need it.
  7.    #7  
    Sorry about the misleading title, it was just a joke, I wasnt trying to make anyone upset.

I normally do this kind of "first topic" on the forums I register on.

I promise I will be good from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luin View Post
    Sorry about the misleading title, it was just a joke, I wasnt trying to make anyone upset.

I normally do this kind of "first topic" on the forums I register on.

I promise I will be good from now on.
    Haha its ok, I thought it was kinda funny.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    You can change it without rooting your pre. Its called my notifications, if you go to the home brew app section in the forum its there and it also shows you how to put it on you Pre as well.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobeo6253 View Post
    You can change it without rooting your pre. Its called my notifications, if you go to the home brew app section in the forum its there and it also shows you how to put it on you Pre as well.
    Thanks!! I found the app and put it on my pre!! I can now have "timmy" from south park as my text message tone.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Luin View Post
    Thanks!! I found the app and put it on my pre!! I can now have "timmy" from south park as my text message tone.

No problem, just helping a fellow member out.
    I'm still confused on how to change my text message ringtone. I can't find my notifications or the brew app section. Can someone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by mysweetrose1227 View Post
    I'm still confused on how to change my text message ringtone. I can't find my notifications or the brew app section. Can someone help?
    The Homebrew App section is here. There is a lot of good information there and hopefully you will be able to find what you need with a search.

Also, the my notification app is located here.
    Just curious: what was the original flamebait title of the thread?

And welcome to the forums!
  15.    #15  
    It was way off topic and it was just to lure users in here. I will not say what it was, since im being a good boy now.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    LMAO yall have me wondering what it is now. Though I'm guessing it's counterproductive to what these forums stand for so that's why it was changed.