1.    #1  
    Is it safe to do online banking on the Pre? I ask because on wifi computers, we need firewalls and network passwords to be safe, right?
    I am not sure about the safety of doing it over WIFI....(I would assume its safe) However if you are doing it over Sprint's network, you should be safe... Yet, lets face it, if someone really wants your info they will be able to get it if they are extremely determined.

I am no expert on the matter, but more than likely you will be fine

check out this article... It doesn't address your specific q but touches on safety issues

Is cell-phone banking safe? - MSN Money

(also try using google to find articles which pertain to you concerns)

Hope this helps!
    I use the bank of america iphone site. Even found a pic of the iphone app icon and used it as the icon and put it on my launcher. Now I have a bank of america app. (iphones bank of america app is just simply a link to the iphone bank of america site) anyway RARELY use pc for banking now so I hope its safe!
    All the banking sites (as well as 99% of other sensitive data using sites) use SSL Encryption, and if your on ssl, it doesn't matter how easily someone can get the raw data you send to the site, or it sends to you, they would have to spend many years trying to crack the encryption (last i heard was that a thousand computers working together would be like 10 years to crack it...), so it is 100% safe to use on any connection!
    just be sure the URL starts with "HTTPS://"
    the S tells you it's secure
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I use the bank of america iphone site. Even found a pic of the iphone app icon and used it as the icon and put it on my launcher. Now I have a bank of america app. (iphones bank of america app is just simply a link to the iphone bank of america site) anyway RARELY use pc for banking now so I hope its safe!
    Could you pm or post the link to BofA's iPhone site?

Thanks
    I think it would be safer for the sheer fact that you know there is no keylogger on your phone
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    I would NOT do anything on a public WiFi connection due to the very real fact that you have no idea who/what you are connected to regardless of it's name. I would use my home connection and nothing else. And like the post above, if a secure site is involved, just gotta make sure the https is displayed.
    128-Bit SSL is pretty darn safe...
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Yeah, SSL will keep you safe.

Also, you can never be sure there isn't a keylogger on your phone - it's possible! Especially with a capable device like the Pre.