Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was rearranging cards today and thought to myself, this is pointless. Just thought I'd share.
    I never leave any open, I just close them out when I'm done with them. Or...were you referring to something else?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I typically have 4-5 cards open.. but I never resort them.
    -m
    I've never had a reason to.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    if I'm switching a lot between two cards (but need other cards open) I put them next to each other.

Example: If I'm copying names/addresses from an e-mail/SMS into my contacts, Sprint Nav, or something else.

Or, if I'm on a website and communicating via Text with someone, I'll have them next to each other so I can easily switch using Avanced Gestures
  6.    #6  
    Yes I was referring to the cards on the pre. I had a bunch open, and clicked one and they all got small to arrange them, so I did and couldnlt see the point.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I did that the first time by accident. I was trying to close a card and it jumped over the top of the other card instead. Could not repeat it.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I usually keep tasks and calendar near the front, 1 browser window with google reader open toward the end, and tweed and the messaging app in the middle.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I place them in sorting mode when I have several open that I want to keep open. I think it looks cool and I can see my background.
    Quote Originally Posted by majikTib View Post
    if I'm switching a lot between two cards (but need other cards open) I put them next to each other.

Example: If I'm copying names/addresses from an e-mail/SMS into my contacts, Sprint Nav, or something else.

Or, if I'm on a website and communicating via Text with someone, I'll have them next to each other so I can easily switch using Avanced Gestures
    Ah Right! I guess that's useful with advanced gestures. I've ended up turning off the advanced gestures because I would always swipe 'previous' (or is is next?) when trying to do the back gesture.
    I rearrange them all the time actually, so that I know where things are when I've got 10-15 cards open. What bothers me a ton though, is that when I tap on a notification, it automatically opens the card at the end of the list, rather than just scrolling to where it already is in the list, which takes things all out of order again.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    What a suspect post this is.... It isn't pointless, it's an option, like a poster above stated, why flick through 5 cards when you can flick through one?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I rearrange them all the time actually, so that I know where things are when I've got 10-15 cards open. What bothers me a ton though, is that when I tap on a notification, it automatically opens the card at the end of the list, rather than just scrolling to where it already is in the list, which takes things all out of order again.
    How do you manage to have 15 cards open without the Pre complaining of running out of memory?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    How do you manage to have 15 cards open without the Pre complaining of running out of memory?
    I had that happen with only 3 cards then with only 1. Had to do a reboot to fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    Haven't really had any issues with running out of memory since like 1.0.3.

Right now I have Tic Tac Toe, PreMemo, Hangman, Tetris, Stopwatch, Tip Calculator, Snake, Solitaire, Xbox Live Friends open for Homebrew Apps.

At the same time, I have Spaz, News, Connect Four, SplashID, Accuweather, Express Stocks, Tasks, Memos, Music, Pandora (neither playing), Calculator, Calendar, Email, Messaging, Contacts, and Phone open for other applications.

25 total: 9 homebrew, 16 others... and I actually haven't restarted since this morning.

That's not actually normal use for me, but I opened up as many as I could until I got the error message.
    I've never really had a reason to do so quite yet. I can see why they added the feature though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    Ah Right! I guess that's useful with advanced gestures. I've ended up turning off the advanced gestures because I would always swipe 'previous' (or is is next?) when trying to do the back gesture.
    If you start at the button, your back gesture works fine. It is easy to get a previous when you want back otherwise.

As for cards, I find myself sorting a few when I'm doing tasks that require much switching. Unfortunately, some of this switching is because of lack of copy and paste on non-editable.
  18.    #18  
    Ok ok. I now see when it can come in handy. Advanced gestures.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    I have once, when trying to look something up on the web in response to an e-mail. So, I rearranged the web browser to be next to the open e-mail.

Woo. Not all that exciting, and not something to use every day. But, its nice to know that the cards are fairly dynamic.
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    I have once, when trying to look something up on the web in response to an e-mail. So, I rearranged the web browser to be next to the open e-mail.

Woo. Not all that exciting, and not something to use every day. But, its nice to know that the cards are fairly dynamic.
    If the option weren't there, there'd be an uproar.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast