Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    So I emailed Sirius Customer Care yesterday to inquire about a Sirius XM app for the Pre like the one on the iPhone. By the sound of the response, if we can get a strong enough voice to puch for this, it may happen. Here's what I wrote and the responce from Customer Care:

ME-
    "I just wanted to know if there were any plans in the works for
    there to be a Sirius XM app for the Palm Pre on the Sprint network like
    there is with the iPhone. As a long time subscriber, I would love to be
    able to listen to Sirius on my phone. The Palm Pre is an amazing device
    that is very competitive with the iPhone, and will do very well. The
    application store for the Pre is still in beta form, but apps are going
    to start rolling out soon. Anyways, just one voice speaking for many
    that a Sirius XM app would awesome on the Palm Pre. Thanks."

Customer Care-
    "Dear XXXX,

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us regarding listening
    to SIRIUS on your Palm Pre. We are here to assist you!

XXXX, we can understand you would be very excited to be able to access
    SIRIUS on your Palm Pre on the Sprint network. At this time we are not
    aware of any development for an application for the Palm Pre. However,
    we continually rely on customer feedback like yours and research to
    enhance your entertainment experience. As we strive to create the most
    diverse listening experience available, we find that the feedback we
    receive is crucial to our success! We are forwarding your comments to
    the appropriate programming team for consideration.

Enjoy listening to our 100% commercial-free music! We are committed to
    providing you with the best in customer care. If you have any more
    questions, please feel free to contact SIRIUS Customer Care. For your
    convenience, we are available 7 days a week at:

SIRIUS Customer Care: 1-888-539-7474

As well as by email at:

(Can't post links, not enough posts yet)

Sincerely,

Sharon
    SIRIUS Customer Care

Guys, lets work together to get this done!
    Yeah, hanh?
    I would love to see a Sirius XM App. I'll shoot them an email tonight.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Would like it too, but I am thinking that flash will change the game here (somewhat). We will be able to stream this way. That said, it would be nice to have a dedicated app with a headless app in the notification bar.
    What the email addy? I'll hit em up
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I don't have enough posts to put up the link, but just go onto the Sirius site and contact customer care.
    I had the same reaction when I saw that Sirius released an iPhone app. I just fired off a letter to customer service. Hopefully they take our requests seriously and look in a Pre app.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    email sent. This would be awesome

Chris
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Email sent!! Hopefully they get an application out to us soon...
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I cancelled Sirius/XM. Why? Because they fail.

Actually, I have a (in my mind) legitimate gripe. XM Comedy 150. They changed it from a great format with Sonny Fox leading, to some lame *** (In my mind) Sirius Rawdog format. It all of a sudden got "unfunny" -- I wanna listen to uncensored comedy.

One friday evening some dumbass who has a show was crying and whining about how he helped Steve Martin out and blah blah about this and that as to why this guy rocked and Steve Martin's agent could suck a goat.

I called the # to the show, and said "Y'know I'd really like to listen to comedy, not some yodel crying about Steve Martin."

No, "Hey, I'm sorry our employee was rude." or "Hey, we're working on the format." Nothing.

They can go **** up a rope.

The lady was like "You just called."

"No, Ma'am I did not."

"Well someone else called. This is SIRIUS RAWDOG blah blah show. We've been doing it for years and we're not changing. "

"You don't have to be rude."

"I'm tired of hearing how much we suck. You must be an XM'er. We're a SIRIUS show."

"Yeah, and I pay XM to hear XM stuff. Not pay XM to hear Sirus stuff."

"Well then cancel your subscription."

So I did ...

Oh, yeah -- they gave me three free months. Which didn't matter, since I ran over the receiver with my truck.

But the most I could get out of (THREE, COUNT THEM, THREE) customer service reps was "I'm sorry for your inconvenience."
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    whahhhhhhhh...

I would love a Sirius app. email sent.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    It took them a year to get an app for the iPhone, it'll be interesting to see if this comes out any time soon.
    When flash comes the regular site should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    When flash comes the regular site should work.
    While that's true, it is nice to see certain companies, like MLB being proactive and making their web services available without flash. I hope others (such as Sirius) follow suit.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    I cancelled Sirius/XM. Why? Because they fail.

Actually, I have a (in my mind) legitimate gripe. XM Comedy 150. They changed it from a great format with Sonny Fox leading, to some lame *** (In my mind) Sirius Rawdog format. It all of a sudden got "unfunny" -- I wanna listen to uncensored comedy.
    I agree with you on that. I was an avid listener to XM150 (all I listened to on XM, really) and loved it. When Sirus joined up in the mix they screwed everything up. I have no need for RawDog (most of it isn't funny at all), and whatever that other channel is. I spend my time now on BlueCollar Radio and Comedy USA when the kiddo is in the car...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I will definitely send in an email to Sirius/XM. I expect that they will release an app for the Pre, it's just a matter of time. My plan is to get rid of my XM receiver in my car so that i can mount my touchstone and use my Pre as my only media player in the car. I find myself listening to XM basically all the time in the car and until there is a Sirius/XM app on the pre, I can't dedicate my mount to the Pre exclusivelym although I am working on a way for the two to be interchangeable.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    That's what I want to do. Just place my Pre on the Touchstone and use it for Sirius, Pandora, Nav, etc. I'd take out my Sirius receiver and give it to my brother or something.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post

One friday evening some dumbass who has a show was crying and whining about how he helped Steve Martin out and blah blah about this and that as to why this guy rocked and Steve Martin's agent could suck a goat.
    For what it's worth, I listen to Sonny Fox's show every morning on SiriusXM (I came from being a Sirius subscriber). Yes, it's on in the mornings. I have no idea if it's the same as what you used to hear, however.

I don't know, but I find that most of what I hear (with the exception of that Friday Jim Bruer show) is "uncensored" standup comedy.

(I know... off topic...)
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I sent an email and got the same response as the OP.

It's funny that people have been listening to Sirius on WinMo phones for years and now they're advertising the heck out of the iphone app like it's an amazing new development.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I sent an email and got the same response as the OP.

It's funny that people have been listening to Sirius on WinMo phones for years and now they're advertising the heck out of the iphone app like it's an amazing new development.
    Will agree on the WinMo, I still listen to it on my 800w.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast