Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Great idea. Just sent my email, too. Good luck to all of us!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I also sent an email. Here's hoping...
    I e-mailed them on launch day and got a fairly similar response. While I suspect they will hide behind justifying the development costs (compared to the potential millions of iPhone users), I am hoping that the release of Flash will just solve the problem. The current Sirius webplayer loads in the browser, but I figure the embedded audio stream simply doesn't work due to lack of Flash... That's my hope anyway...
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    As much as I'd love to have a Sirius app, based on the iphone/ipod touch app, it might be more likely to see a version of Pocket Tunes that will allow Sirius/XM streaming much sooner than an official Sirius app.

I use the Ptunes version on my ipod touch to stream Sirius all the time.

I'll take it any way we can get it!
    Agreed- no Stern on iPhone app. I would rather see flash or a 3rd party solution so there is no crippling.

This alone is keeping me from getting the Pre. I stream sirius 5-8 hrs a day.
    I think there might also be an issue with the Pre's media player not supporting the Sirius streaming format.
    Ba Ba Booey
    There is no spoon
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    Frrrrrrunkis! Sent my email!
    I also sent an email to Ted's Pre App Emporium.
    Quote Originally Posted by bausti25 View Post
    Frrrrrrunkis! Sent my email!
    X2 I hope they release an app...save me the time of having to flip through 2 channels of stern replay crap
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    When flash comes the regular site should work.
    No it won't - both SIR and XMRO stream in WMA - the Flash part of the web player just handles updating the PAD data. Now, to stream to the iPhone app, they must have some sort of AAC/MP3/etc. stream set up, as the media playback functionality of the iPhone SDK is limited to that. If we could reverse-engineer the app and find those stream URLs, we could probably use them on the Pre, since webOS can play the same codecs as the iPhone.
    Yes, good luck to all of you... I think it's a great idea and must be kept alive!

disclosure... i do have a 'few' shares of SIRI that i bought at .07 cents. but my post has nothing to do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Great idea. Just sent my email, too. Good luck to all of us!
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    If we could reverse-engineer the app and find those stream URLs, we could probably use them on the Pre, since webOS can play the same codecs as the iPhone.
    After what apparently happened with the developers of uSirius and uXM in the iphone market, I wouldn't expect a third-party developer to step forward without hearing from the SiriusXM lawyers should they ever want to release a WebOS app of their own in the future.

uSirius, uXM, and uSirius StarPlayr Retired | Millard Software

No surprise, the iphone app store refused uSirius:

uSirius iPhone Application Denied - SiriusBuzz

Also worth noting, Sprint TV/Music on my Treo 700p offers a limited number of the Sirius/XM channels as a subscription service for $6.95/month. If SiriusXM doesn't shut a third-party app down, Sprint might just do it because it will cut into their own subscription sales.

I haven't tried FlyCast yet, but they have player apps for every mobile phone but the Pre, have 1200+ streams, and are supposedly 100% free:

FlyCast - Now your smartphone is complete

With all this said, I strongly believe that both broadcast and satellite TV and radio stations will be a thing of the past 10 years from now. Thanks to the radio spectrum bandwidth freed up in the DTV conversion being at least partially diverted to broadband data services, there should be a glut in mobile bandwidth large enough for everyone to stream their favorite music sources to their phone or car. SiriusXM is already positioning themselves for a post-satellite era, by gathering up talent and investing in high-quality, subscription-based streams. I would imagine that the major terrestrial radio conglomerates (Clear Channel, Cirrus, etc) will be following their lead before long. I'm just mentioning this because I think it's going to be a billion dollar industry, and the content providers are going to crush any "little guy" who tries to rain on their parade by writing an app they don't own/control that plays their content.

As a suggestion to the poster who bought SiriusXM at $0.07, buy Pandora stock if it's on the market. From listening to it for only a few minutes, I think that this type of service will thrive in the streaming music future that I see.....
    Already checked Pandora Media, Inc isn't public. but back on topic...

WE NEED A SIRIUS APP!

Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    As a suggestion to the poster who bought SiriusXM at $0.07, buy Pandora stock if it's on the market. From listening to it for only a few minutes, I think that this type of service will thrive in the streaming music future that I see.....
    I emailed sirius today so everyone keep telling everyone with pre and sirius to keep sending them emails if we bug them enough they might make one
    I will e-mail shortly as well--great idea.

Also, the issue with the iTunes store and Apple's rejecting competing apps is the best example of why Palm must preserve the ability to install or sideload apps other than through the App Catalog. Look at the creativity and innovation we saw in PalmOS development, and that we've already seen in *legal* homebrew apps here. While I know there are some concerns about the current versions of the EULA Palm uses for the SDK, I'm also confident that Palm's already demonstrated culture will move it in a more open direction.
    I've used the iphone app and I've used capriso on Winmo for XM... I just can't see it replacing my inno or xmp3.. limited station access... no talkradio 153 or foxnews.. or kissfm..and many others. Also switching between stations is really slow. The only benefit I see is audio quality is a little better than any standalone xm/sirius receiver. I also love the track or channel record options on the XMP3 and inno.. and also knowing that I could drive coast to coast and pick up the satellite signal 99.99 percent of the time. One great simple piece of technology.
    Until they include Howard 100/101, the app is irrelevant.

Also, I don't like how they are excluding lifetime subs. Premium only. What a joke (I have 2 lifetime subs).
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick View Post
    Until they include Howard 100/101, the app is irrelevant.
    Wow....who knew Stern fans were as egocentric and idiotic as he is.... Obviously many of us want an app even without the great part time radio host. I'd hardly say it's irrelevant.

Hooaaahh I invented the SiriusXM app Robin and I invented the iphone so I'm keeping it there! Bababooey
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast