1.    #1  
    On my Treo 700wx (and I assume all Windows Mobile devices), you could disconnect from the EVDO/1X connection while still being able to use voice/SMS. Whenever I did that, my battery would stay in the 90 percentile all day long. You could manually dial up and disconnect from the data connection as you please. Is there any way to do this on the Pre? I don't like using Airplane mode because it disables all radios.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I would love for an option to do this but there is no official workaround unless you want hacking. I don't know why Palm didn't let us have that option.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I'm guessing they looked past the option since a data plan is required to use the phone and overlooked the battery usage...
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Try ##EVDO# ......
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by gerard187 View Post
    Try ##EVDO# ......
    Thanks for the suggestion, but that does not disconnect from the network, it only lets you switch between EVDO/1X.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I thought it would work... I was wrong. I tried it the other day and couldn't get a network contection.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Best way I can think off is to force roaming on and then disable data roaming. There's a hack posted for roam only, but it requires rooting your phone.