1.    #1  
    http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=jaGMvrYPhKvFRZXcCHwENoh4l5k2TGxc

Have it like that...

But if I'm not using anything that uses the gps.. Will it still use my battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by derik123derik123 View Post
    http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=jaGMvrYPhKvFRZXcCHwENoh4l5k2TGxc

Have it like that...

But if I'm not using anything that uses the gps.. Will it still use my battery?
    I think there's been differences of opinion on that question. I personally haven't seen a huge difference when I've left them on.

The conventional wisdom has been that it's probably safer to leave them off: any programs that use GPS or location services will simply ask to use them.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin View Post
    I think there's been differences of opinion on that question. I personally haven't seen a huge difference when I've left them on.

The conventional wisdom has been that it's probably safer to leave them off: any programs that use GPS or location services will simply ask to use them.
    Thank you for your input.

Anyone else?
    I leave just the GPS on, and turn everything else off. If you even have an app running that uses GPS in any way it will activate your GPS without asking you for permission. That includes every time you take a picture....
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
  5.    #5  
    Alright, thanks guys.. I think ill put it like..
    User Media - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    You have two threads on this subject for some reason.

If you are turning off geotagging, then there is no reason to leave auto locate on. Turn it to off, leave GPS on. It will ask you for permission to activate the GPS if you want it to. I also would never allow background data to be sent, as I don't want extra crap streaming, draining my already gimpy battery.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
  7.    #7  
    Yeah I know I forgot about the other one before I posted this. I linked the other one to this one