View Poll Results: What mobile OS did you leave behind for webOS?

Voters
436. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone

26 5.96%
  • Android

5 1.15%
  • Windows Mobile

169 38.76%
  • Palm OS

129 29.59%
  • BlackBerry

53 12.16%
  • Hiptop (Sidekick)

3 0.69%
  • Other

47 10.78%
  • Symbian

4 0.92%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I'm curious about what mobile OS folks have left to start up with webOS on the Pre... I think I'm seeing a lot of ex-Windows Mobile users here, but I wonder what OS saw the most loss.

So, feel free to vote and also explain why you left your previous OS behind, what you miss from your old OS, and what webOS features you are enjoying the most that were missing on your previous mobile device?

• iPhone
    • Android
    • Windows Mobile
    • BlackBerry
    • Symbian
    • Hiptop (Sidekick)
    • Palm OS
    • Other
    Last edited by Galtish; 07/26/2009 at 11:06 PM.
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    why are there 2 threads that are almost identical?

please delete
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post

please delete
    Because I left Palm OS out of the first (dur, I knew I was going to forget a major OS)... This is a re-do. Please delete the original.
    delete
    The other dupe thread is closed.
    The OP wants this one left up.
    Just call me Berd.
    My last phone was a Helio Ocean. I loved that phone so much, but after having the Pre for about a month now, I could never go back...
    iPhone OS for me... Too laggy and it just annoyed me with no multi-tasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    iPhone OS for me... Too laggy and it just annoyed me with no multi-tasking.
    My pre is laggier than the Iphone ever was. Still like my Pre thoigh.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post

please delete
    This is a fantastic question!
    There is another thread that already asked this? Link please!??
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Left the iPhone 3g and, although I do think it's a great phone, there are things that I like about the pre SO much better and really the only thing I miss is the availability of apps.. but I know that'll be coming very soon so not worried.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Wow, great question, I was pretty sure that majority of people are coming from palm os, but 40% from WM vs. 26% from POS! That is weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348 View Post
    Wow, great question, I was pretty sure that majority of people are coming from palm os, but 40% from WM vs. 26% from POS! That is weird.
    It's not that weird when you consider what a steaming pile of s*** Windows Mobile is!
    I came from WM. For my past 2 phones I found Sprint's WM offerings to be the best for me out of their lineup. Prior to that it was PalmOS but there were too many things I wanted to do that were not available on that OS. When Pre came out it seemed like decent competition so I took the plunge. Still some things I prefer about WM but I'm in it for the long haul now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlynch11 View Post
    It's not that weird when you consider what a steaming pile of s*** Windows Mobile is!
    Prior to Web OS, Windows Mobile was the only OS that really did multitasking properly - if you can call the sorry Winmo implementation proper. As a user that mixes business and personal stuff on a single phone, and rarely has a single app open, the multitasking features made the jump possible.
    Palm III -> Palm M100 -> Palm VII -> Tmobile MDA (The 3 year mistake) -> Palm Pre

Hello, Palm. Good to have you back. Let's just pretend that the whole "me leaving you for WinMo" thing never happened, OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash1348 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlynch11 View Post
    Oh, I interpreted it to mean that there are more Windows mobile users out there than Palm OS users. I personally came from Palm OS...and was almost going to go back, but then the calendar syncing got WAY better with one of the updates (not sure which one) and I am sticking with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightZero77 View Post
    Prior to Web OS, Windows Mobile was the only OS that really did multitasking properly - if you can call the sorry Winmo implementation proper. As a user that mixes business and personal stuff on a single phone, and rarely has a single app open, the multitasking features made the jump possible.
    Yeah, I wasn't criticizing Web OS, just saying it didn't surprise me that a large number of WinMo users would be eager to jump ship to something newer and better. I came from a 1st Gen Motorola Q, so maybe I'm just a little jaded.
    WM actually had great GPS apps (Live search and Google maps) and a good home screen...I only now realize these things when I switched to the PRe
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I left Craperizon's dumbphone OS if that counts...Pre is the first smartphone I ever owned, and now I'm so glad I switched networks.
  19. d94
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    came from windows mobile which has been my os of choice for the last two years. why? tired of being late for work cuz my phone froze while charging thuz the alarm didnt go off, multitasking blows compared to pre, uhmmm yeah windows mobile just plain sucks lol. loved having tomtom7 on my phone but that doesnt make up for everything else
    palm pro > visor > m100 > visor prism > clie sl30 > zire 71 > dell X5 > toshiba E755 > clie NX70 > ipaq 2200 > Treo 700w (verizon) > Treo 700wx (sprint) > Treo 755p (sprint) > HTC Mogul > HTC Diamond > HTC Touch Pro > Pre
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I jumped from WM on my Mogul. Happy I did. I loved a lot of things about WM and the Mogul but the Pre is/will be better. I can wait for the apps. I don't want to, but I can.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast