View Poll Results: What mobile OS did you leave behind for webOS?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • iPhone

5 10.87%
  • Android

1 2.17%
  • Windows Mobile

22 47.83%
  • BlackBerry

10 21.74%
  • Hiptop (Sidekick)

0 0%
  • Symbian

0 0%
  • Other

8 17.39%
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    sorry, redoing post/poll as I left out Palm OS!
    New poll here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ebos-poll.html

Mods, feel free to delete this thread!
    Last edited by Galtish; 07/12/2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: sorry, forgot PalmOS!
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Great poll...

But 1, I never knew that Hiptop was considered an actual OS

and 2... Where the Palm OS love?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Windows Mobile, and gladly. I think that this will be the most popular choice, because you didn't include PalmOS (meaning that Other might also be quite popular).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I would have voted for Palm OS if this poll included some of the real OS's. WTF is Hiptop LOL.

I used WM for a long painful year but I still consider myself a Palm OS guy at heart and since getting the Pre I have a had a blast running all of my old Palm OS programs on Classic.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    To answer my own questions, I left Windows Mobile (after about 5 years and 3 devices, previously was a Sidekick user). From Windows Mobile I most miss the wide variety of applications, the wide range of user customization, the XDA modding community, and the informative Today Screen.
    I came from the motorola renegade don't really knowwut OS that is
    Had an instinct...so other I suppose. I miss my windows mobile in some ways on my old treo 700.
    BlackBerry 8830
    good but missing something
    I left an iPhone and, although I think it's still a great device, I definitely made the right move.
    The Pre has everything I liked about the iPhone plus more and improved.

I do miss the availability of apps and being able to run Remote Desktop from the iPhone, but it's only a matter of time for these on the Pre.
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    im with showson in this one, i left the iphone, and the only thing i miss is the large quanity of the apps, but then again when i first got the 1st gen iphone, there were no apps except the homebrews, and i like that the pre is pushing forward with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    sorry, redoing post/poll as I left out Palm OS!
    New poll here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ebos-poll.html

Mods, feel free to delete this thread!
    <<closed>>

I'll delete it tomorrow.
    Just call me Berd.