Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 64
  1.    #1  
    I dropped my Pre, and now the screen doesn't work. Of course, I didn't sign up for the insurance contract... So what do I do now? Can I send it to Palm for repair (at my cost, of course)?

    I think the phone itself still works (I heard a text message come in), but the screen just lights up with a black background.

    This sucks!
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
  2.    #2  
    Just confirmed the phone works (my brother called and I answered by sliding it open). But of course I can't dial out.
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
  3. #3  
    You might still be able to sign up for the insurance if you're within your 30 days.
  4.    #4  
    Unfortunately I'm not... Got mine on "opening day" so the 30 days expired about a week ago.
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
  5. #5  
    bummer
  6. #6  
    You can also dial with the keyboard
  7. #7  
    Did you try to go through USB mode? Plug it in and wait a few seconds, then tochh about a half inch (I think) up from the bottom of the screen and see if it kicks in.
  8. #8  
    You could probably call Sprint and still get the insurance but don't think you can make a claim 30 days.
  9. #9  
    Hmm... I guess calling Palm or Sprint and begging is your best bet lol.

    Another possible option is getting a personal items insurance policy from an independent insurance company, waiting a little bit (so it doesn't seem shady), then filing a claim with them to get a new Pre. Not sure how well that would work tho :-/
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    You can also dial with the keyboard
    That doesn't really work, though, because when you start dialing it pulls up contacts & doesn't just use the numbers. And then how would you actually begin the call without touching the button on screen?
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
  11. #11  
    Another possible option is getting a personal items insurance policy from an independent insurance company, waiting a little bit (so it doesn't seem shady), then filing a claim with them to get a new Pre. Not sure how well that would work tho :-/

    Yeah insurance fraud
  12. #12  
    Take out the battery and then put it back in and restart?
    If all else fails... a 4-inch "drop test?"

    How far did it drop? on concrete?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    Did you try to go through USB mode? Plug it in and wait a few seconds, then tochh about a half inch (I think) up from the bottom of the screen and see if it kicks in.
    Excellent suggestion - thanks! I tried that and I was able to connect via USB, so at least I got all of my photos off the phone.

    That's about all I can do with it though- the screen is still illuminated, but blank.
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
  14. lulubee's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #14  
    You can add insurance to your account whenever you want. The phone doesn't have to function@ that time. Same thing happened to me. I added the insurance and called it in a week later. I believe coverage is either effective immediately or 24 hrs later. All you have to do is call Sprint and tell them you want to add the Total Equipment Potection plan just don't do the dumb thing of telling them your phone is broken. Then call Asurion later that week and file your claim pay your deductible and you're set.
  15. #15  
    actually you can just got to your sprint account online and activate an older phone and after activating it will let you add insurance on it, then wait a couple weeks and reactivate your pre online and just add insurance on it.
  16. mattickus's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    #16  
    I heard that some homeowners or renters insurance policies may cover the phone. It might be worth a claim depending on your deductible.
  17. JimHuff's Avatar
    Posts
    142 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuluBee View Post
    You can add insurance to your account whenever you want. The phone doesn't have to function@ that time. Same thing happened to me. I added the insurance and called it in a week later. I believe coverage is either effective immediately or 24 hrs later. All you have to do is call Sprint and tell them you want to add the Total Equipment Potection plan just don't do the dumb thing of telling them your phone is broken. Then call Asurion later that week and file your claim pay your deductible and you're set.
    Quite a moral dilemma Wendy. Yes, you can get away with it; but should you...?

    By the way, I remember you from the line in Wisconsin. I was 1st in line. If I were in your shoes, I'd go to the store and explain your situation to Eric. He's sure to be able to work something out for you.
    FrankenPre2!!!
  18. Brasado's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #18  
    Pretty sure the wait is 30 days, to make sure you are not doing, what you are doing!
  19. #19  
    you can actually still dial with the keypad. just hit the shift key and then the number you want and when you are done hit return, and it will dial the number
  20. lulubee's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimhuff View Post
    Quite a moral dilemma Wendy. Yes, you can get away with it; but should you...?

    By the way, I remember you from the line in Wisconsin. I was 1st in line. If I were in your shoes, I'd go to the store and explain your situation to Eric. He's sure to be able to work something out for you.
    I never said I had morals lol. & who really cares she's paying for the insurance and a deductible it would be no different from her adding insurance today and suddenly losing the phone a week later Asurion is still obligated to issue a replacement. Besides I didn't say grab OJ Simpson and attempt to rob the place. Now if you cancel the insurance after getting the replacement and everytime your phone broke you did this you're wrong. I hope you've learned your lesson if it cost more to replace your phone out of pocket than paying for insurance, pay for the insurance.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions