Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunspotwendy View Post
    I don't think they compare well at all. You're looking at the percentage; while that may be the same, what would ultimately hurt a person (at least me, personally) is the amount of $$ out of pocket.

Break my car in a crash or lose my home to a fire, and I have to buy a new one (thousands of dollars out of pocket = major disaster). Break my phone? I can replace it without financially destroying my life... and normally, a phone can be repaired for a fraction of the brand new "non contract" price.
    But hey, to each his own...
    And your looking at it from your prospective that dropping 550 on a phone out of the blue is no biggy. People that can not just drop 550 its major out of pocket expense.

So they compare for some but not others -shrug-

I guess my point was if you can not afford to replace a new car so you carry insurance the same applies to the phone if you can not afford to replace it carry insurance..

It works both ways you can repair a car with junkyard parts for less than a new one. And I think if your house burns down with a pre inside your not fixing the pre
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by helidos View Post
    And your looking at it from your prospective that dropping 550 on a phone out of the blue is no biggy. People that can not just drop 550 its major out of pocket expense.

So they compare for some but not others -shrug-

I guess my point was if you can not afford to replace a new car so you carry insurance the same applies to the phone if you can not afford to replace it carry insurance..

It works both ways you can repair a car with junkyard parts for less than a new one. And I think if your house burns down with a pre inside your not fixing the pre

I think our fundamental difference of opinion stems off of our ideas of "dropping" a phone.

Anyway, insurance discussion aside, I called Palm yesterday & they said to send the phone in to them for repair.

Now I'll just count down the days till I get my beloved Pre back!
    SUNSPOT
    Arena Rock for Geeks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunspotwendy View Post
    I think our fundamental difference of opinion stems off of our ideas of "dropping" a phone.

Anyway, insurance discussion aside, I called Palm yesterday & they said to send the phone in to them for repair.

Now I'll just count down the days till I get my beloved Pre back!
    For free? That is nice of them.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Since it did not look like it took a fall, I would have said the screen just stopped working.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234