177 85.51%
  • $5/month

26 12.56%
  • $10/month

3 1.45%
  • $20/month gimme another hit of that crackberry

1 0.48%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BBM is the one thing I really miss about my Curve. I would pay a one time fee, but not a monthly fee. I loved ho.w it showed all my friends and their "status". I like it much better than any IM client out there
    I love BBM. I think it is the best IM program out there. I love being able to send messages to canada at no charge vs the RIDICULOUS rates that Carriers want to charge to do that.

I will most likely move to the PRE, but I will really miss BBM. I would buy it on the Pre for a one time charge, but I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for it.
    BBM is just an MMS replacement. The only difference is that you get delivery/read receipts.

As far as I'm concerned it's none of your damn business when I read your messages, so the lack of read receipts is a feature in my book.
    It's only for BB users - so no. Lame.
    how would it work without having a pin? and i would not pay 10 a month when i can text for free............................... seriously $10 > free
    BBM allows you to send messages overseas with no charges just like any IM service I am not aware of any SMS/MMS service that allows you to do that due to the phone number mapping limitations. So you are getting a "no borders" sms service.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    No.
    +1 lol. It would only be useful to people who know a bunch of people on BBM or one person they REALLY want to talk to. Other than that it would be pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by BitBucket View Post
    BBM is just an MMS replacement. The only difference is that you get delivery/read receipts.

As far as I'm concerned it's none of your damn business when I read your messages, so the lack of read receipts is a feature in my book.
    That was just funny
    Quote Originally Posted by chamoloco View Post
    BBM allows you to send messages overseas with no charges just like any IM service I am not aware of any SMS/MMS service that allows you to do that due to the phone number mapping limitations. So you are getting a "no borders" sms service.
    Google Voice allows you to send SMS messages overseas for free, at least from the US Now the person replying will likely be in for a shock when their bill comes, but when GV goes international, that won't be an issue.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Suuuuper old thread I know but I am a searcher not a new threader! Anyway. I would pay a one time or monthly fee. The only thing I miss about the BB so far is BBM Groups. Having a group set up was such an easy way for 3 or more people to communicate.
    There are only a few advantages for bbm

1. When i had my last blackberry Nextel 8350i (os4.6), i would use bbm for messaging and mms with other blackberry users. First texting blows on nextel iden, but when using bbm it is perfect. no late texts or unsent texts. Secondly, nextel iden data is slower than molasses, so sending/recieving audio, video and picture files; the transfers where as quick as a 3g network.

2. BBM lets you text message people all over the world for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    BBs are now including the major IM clients (AIM, Yahoo, Windows Live, ICQ, Google Talk) so there's no need to be a part of the "exclusive" BBM club.
    I agree, yahoo or aim or Msn have millions more than BBM. If I already have data plan what is the point of BBM as well?

BBM was just a cheaper way to contact your friends who already had blackberry or an incentive for your friends/family members to buy blackberry as well. However, with mandatory data plans for smartphones being the norm BBM is "useless" and an additional expense.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123