Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    not having seen it, in my mind the oreo effect would cause the top part of the pre to come completely off if you were to twist it.

i doubt this is the case, but i would like to see what ppl think is a "bad" oreo effect?

in degrees, what would you consider as being bad? 2? 5? 10?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    not having seen it, in my mind the oreo effect would cause the top part of the pre to come completely off if you were to twist it.

i doubt this is the case, but i would like to see what ppl think is a "bad" oreo effect?

in degrees, what would you consider as being bad? 2? 5? 10?
    here's 2 i found on youtube...have fun

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Wow, that's the oreo effect? Crap, I thought it was a video issue.

I have that same issue and didn't know that's what everyone else was talking about. Has Palm done anything for people with this issue?
    New pres hot off the line don't have this issue from what I have seen
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    There are 2 videos there and only 2 issues. 1) the loose flap by the battery door and 2) the Pre turning off after closing the keyboard. These issues warrant an exchange.

This "oreo" effect is not an "effect". It is the way a slider phone operates. What's the problem??
    actually no, the new device I just got yesterday has 0 wobble and is solid as a rock

I returned my last 2 because of this problem, trust me it gets worse as time goes on, I went ahead to return mine to test the new batch of pres, and sure enough, no wobble.

Also MOST demo units have 0 wobble as well.

So it is a manufacturing defect
    iJaculate somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8617 View Post
    There are 2 videos there and only 2 issues. 1) the loose flap by the battery door and 2) the Pre turning off after closing the keyboard. These issues warrant an exchange.

This "oreo" effect is not an "effect". It is the way a slider phone operates. What's the problem??
    very tru I think ppl take it 2 seriously when it wobbles just a bit...and when they show it off...they ****** it up even more mine has the slight wobble but when closed not opened...and I don't close my phone hard like I c in many videos...I open with 2 finger on the screen or side of screen and close it same way very gentle...I don't close it from the top and hit it hard as hell
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    When you mean you have 0 wobble, you have none at all? Do you know what the builddate of your phone is? I'm curious now cuz I do have some wobble on mine and I got mine lastweek. Build date of 6/27 though. Should I try for an exchange? I'm afraid i'd get one even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    actually no, the new device I just got yesterday has 0 wobble and is solid as a rock

I returned my last 2 because of this problem, trust me it gets worse as time goes on, I went ahead to return mine to test the new batch of pres, and sure enough, no wobble.

Also MOST demo units have 0 wobble as well.

I hope so...so in the future...I hope not...if I have to replace my pre for anything...bc I got mine launch day and mine has been fine...ill be fine hopefully with the new batch of pre's
    Quote Originally Posted by dabulls View Post
    When you mean you have 0 wobble, you have none at all? Do you know what the builddate of your phone is? I'm curious now cuz I do have some wobble on mine and I got mine lastweek. Build date of 6/27 though. Should I try for an exchange? I'm afraid i'd get one even worse.
    I don't think you should exchange ur fone from a little wobble...if I were you go to a sprint store compare ur wobble to the demos...if the demos r like urs then ur fine...if not then exchange
    Like no wobble lol, I don't know how else to put it, it wont move side to side, its a stubborn little pre now.

If I put force on it I can BARLEY feel it move, but I cant see any movement or anything like that

Also no "clicking" when you tap on the screen in certain places (that was SOOO annoying from my other 2 pre's)

My wobble wasn't a little, it was like the videos shown which is ALOT for a slider and definitely abnormal (now that I see what a REAL pre feels like)

Not to mention that clicking when you touched the screen, Man that drove me NUTS

My suggestion, go to the store, say you want to exchange, if the model they give you feels tight (just ask them to hand it to you) then exchange, if not ask if there are any others, if they say no or wont comply then go to another store or come back later.

But I will tell you now, if there is wobble (maybe half what you saw on those videos) then it gets worse.

I cant say if mine has gotten worse because I have had it for less then 24 hours
    iJaculate somewhere else
  12.    #12  
    now that i have seen it, i have to say OMFG, ppl are way too picky.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by integrals View Post
    actually no, the new device i just got yesterday has 0 wobble and is solid as a rock

i returned my last 2 because of this problem, trust me it gets worse as time goes on, i went ahead to return mine to test the new batch of pres, and sure enough, no wobble.

Also most demo units have 0 wobble as well.

wrong!
    Geez, when I watched these videos, some are way too picky. A small amount of 'oreo' is no big deal. I have a bit and don't find it a problem. I do have insurance so if it gets worse, I'll consider a return.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rji2goleez View Post
    Geez, when I watched these videos, some are way too picky. A small amount of 'oreo' is no big deal. I have a bit and don't find it a problem. I do have insurance so if it gets worse, I'll consider a return.
    when i first heard of the "oreo effect" i was thinking that the pre's were doing 45 degree turns or something! i have to agree that some are way too picky. I'll just return mine if it does 360 degree turns
    Mine has very little "wobble", but I'm cool with that as I don't want one that's all tight and hard to slide. I figure it's gotta have some play in it to give it a smooth slide.
    I also thought the "oreo effect" meant it actually twisted like an oreo and the top came off!
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    yeah, but that situation is different..... it didn't do that out of the box, the guy's slider got stuck and he forced it down and broke his phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    yeah, but that situation is different..... it didn't do that out of the box, the guy's slider got stuck and he forced it down and broke his phone.
    yeah i know that situation is different im just pointing out that this pre is the most "oreo" twisting ive seen
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    here's 2 i found on youtube...have fun

I'm sure I could cause mine to do this too if I was constantly $%^ing with it like these goofballs are. They remind me of the kid in school who couldn't stop popping his zits and then wondered why his pizza face kept getting worse.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast