Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree with people saying this "oreo effect" is just people being WAY to picky. I have had several slider phones and they all have "loosened up" over time. I had the HTC Titan (Mogul) and replaced it three times. I also had the HTC Touch Pro and replaced it one time. All of them had a loose slider. They all start off nice and solid. Then repeated open and closing caused them to loosen to a certain point. You could "lift" the screen off the keyboard slightly when it was closed. This is natural. The phones are manufactured with tight components. Over time the tight mechanisms are going to loosen some (take a paperclip for example and open and close it a couple times, or a spring...). The loosening is just the mechanisms finding their "natural" position. It is impractical to think the sliding mechanism will stay snug as a bug in a rug... If it can, I want to borrow some of that technology for use in the human world with women.. LOL...

I think these people are TRYING to make theirs do this. Here's an idea.. don't f*** with it. Use it like its intended to be used and it won't be as bad. I have a little play in mine, but like I said, it's no worse than any other slider phone I have had. But whatever.

Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by decibel View Post
    I agree with people saying this "oreo effect" is just people being WAY to picky. I have had several slider phones and they all have "loosened up" over time. I had the HTC Titan (Mogul) and replaced it three times. I also had the HTC Touch Pro and replaced it one time. All of them had a loose slider. They all start off nice and solid. Then repeated open and closing caused them to loosen to a certain point. You could "lift" the screen off the keyboard slightly when it was closed. This is natural. The phones are manufactured with tight components. Over time the tight mechanisms are going to loosen some (take a paperclip for example and open and close it a couple times, or a spring...). The loosening is just the mechanisms finding their "natural" position. It is impractical to think the sliding mechanism will stay snug as a bug in a rug... If it can, I want to borrow some of that technology for use in the human world with women.. LOL...

I think these people are TRYING to make theirs do this. Here's an idea.. don't f*** with it. Use it like its intended to be used and it won't be as bad. I have a little play in mine, but like I said, it's no worse than any other slider phone I have had. But whatever.

Just my 2 cents.
    very well said
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post

Just 45 degrees more and it would be PERFECT FOR LANDSCAPE TYPING!
    My fiance had a Chocolate with Verizon before she switched to my Sprint account. After 2 years of use the phone is still rock solid in its sliding action. Cannot say the same for the Pre after 1 month.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe8617 View Post
    There are 2 videos there and only 2 issues. 1) the loose flap by the battery door and 2) the Pre turning off after closing the keyboard. These issues warrant an exchange.

This "oreo" effect is not an "effect". It is the way a slider phone operates. What's the problem??
    Actually, no, since I have 2 Pre's and one has it and one doesn't. It's an "effect" or as some forum folks would have you believe...a "feature".
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysurfer View Post
    Just 45 degrees more and it would be PERFECT FOR LANDSCAPE TYPING!
    The twist is an indication of a future software upgrade which will allow it to turn 45 degrees! Shhhh...it's a secret.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    actually no, the new device I just got yesterday has 0 wobble and is solid as a rock

I returned my last 2 because of this problem, trust me it gets worse as time goes on, I went ahead to return mine to test the new batch of pres, and sure enough, no wobble.

Also MOST demo units have 0 wobble as well.

So it is a manufacturing defect

My new one is rock solid too. Keyboard is sturdier too. I know a little play is okay, I returned mine because of dead pixels, but the slider issue WAS a defect.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Damn, some people here are really sensitive. I thought that the front would actually twist. They should call it oreao effect when the ***** actually twists off.

No wonder Palm Pre is coming out in the news as a piece of crap. Because sensitive people on here b!tch about stuff like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldpantoja View Post
    Damn, some people here are really sensitive. I thought that the front would actually twist. They should call it oreao effect when the ***** actually twists off.

No wonder Palm Pre is coming out in the news as a piece of crap. Because sensitive people on here b!tch about stuff like that.
    I know, right?!?! How dare we demand quality for a $300 piece of electronic equipment??? We should be glad they even let us have it at all. I know, personally, if I buy a bicycle and the front wheel starts wobbling, I'm happy! I'm thrilled that it's a nice $300 bicycle, and I don't dare bring it back for fear of the scorn I will get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrals View Post
    New pres hot off the line don't have this issue from what I have seen
    Nope am on my fourth brand new Pre that just got today...the build quality of this one is the WORST of all of them I have had. I was actually shocked..The Sprint employee was to when he took it ot of the box and we were looking at how bad the oreo effect was...it was ridiculous how bad it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by ldpantoja View Post

that's how the world is these days
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    nm
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    very well said
    I kind of thought I said it better, although not as nice.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    People are too picky. Oreo effect? I was expecting a lot worse than these video's depict.
    I would say that the amount of twist in the 1st video is actually quite a lot for a slider phone... It may not interfere with the phone's functioning, but it would sure make me nervous that it would get worse and fail in the near future. With TEP there is less worry, but I'd rather exchange in the first 30 days with less hassle.

I was worried about my phone's wobble, but it is nothing compared to these videos. I am still exchanging it however because of the loose battery and sudden shutdown when opening/closing or simply having the phone in my pocket (in its "sleeping bag" of course). No dead pixels, and no other major problems. I just hope the replacement doesn't have any new problems that I don't have currently...
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    Did someone just compare an LG chocolate to a Pre?
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcnutty View Post
    Did someone just compare an LG chocolate to a Pre?
    ROFL! Fo real!
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Nope am on my fourth brand new Pre that just got today...the build quality of this one is the WORST of all of them I have had. I was actually shocked..The Sprint employee was to when he took it ot of the box and we were looking at how bad the oreo effect was...it was ridiculous how bad it was.
    Hmm, I find that hard to believe, the two new pres I got (me and a friend) both have most hardware issues resolved, do you have a build date on yours?

Maybe we got lucky
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    iJaculate somewhere else
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12