Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm a premier Sprint customer and have been with Sprint for over 10years. So far this is the best phone I've had. I replaced the Instinct which I can truthfully say has been nothing but a piece of junk.

I really like the Pre and after being on here I was able to to download the program to increase the volume of my ringers, use hard pauses in dialing, and successfully create new wallpapers, which probably isn't a big deal for most of you.

My Pre was working fine and dandy until last night....I received a phone call and after the phone call I went to close out the phone and the screen was blank and all of the buttons were locked I couldn't do anything until the phone disconnected itself. I then tried to make a phone call and as soon as it would start to dial, boom screen blank, all buttons locked but the call was connected. Craziest thing that I've ever seen. If I would put it on the stone the screen would come back on but everything was still on lockdown.

I called the sales rep who sold me the phone and said that was a new one on her and to bring the phone in. I didn't turn the phone on until I got to the store and I had her call my phone and sure enough screen went blank, phone locked but I could still talk on the phone. She had a hard time trying to disconnect my call so she finally opened the case and pulled the batter out.

She replaced my phone but I lost all of my wallpapers that I added and my enhanced ringtones as well as other ringtones that were loaded. I also lost about 3GB of music files. I was under the impression that with the auto backup all of that information would be saved at least the ringers and wallpaper. I also manually did a backup from the backup app before I went to the store.

So far the new phone is working fine but my rep and everyone else at this Sprint store were perplexed.

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed but I couldn't find anything other then screen problems and the phone shutting down completely.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Backup only backs up contacts, email settings and apps. (and maybe a few other phone settings)
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    actually, I just returned my phone today. The speaker went out. So i just restored all the above just a few hours ago.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    If it's not too late, maybe you can still access your old phone. You need to grab all that stuff off your phone by plugging into a PC in USB mode.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    My phone went nuts the other day too I bought mine on launch day, and on Wednesday it went crazy and stopped working. The alarm went off in the morning and it had been charging all night, but it only had 52% battery. I noticed that there weren't any signal bars, and I went to dial a number and it just kept asking me if I wanted to enter airplane mode. Wifi would connect, but the internet still wouldn't work. I couldn't make or receive calls and I couldn't send or receive data. I did a reset, and when the phone came back on, the screen started flicking on and off like the proximity sensor was going crazy. I pulled the battery, put it back in, and the screen stopped freaking out, but still no signal. I took it with me to work, and while I was on the train I felt the phone buzz. I took it out, and it said the battery is dead. From that point on, the battery won't charge, and I can't use the phone.

I took it to a Sprint Store (it wasn't a corporate store, just a customer center with repair center), and the repair guy took it and told me it would be a couple hours, so I left and did some errands. When I got back, the repair guy had gone but he left the phone with another rep and told her he fixed it. I had brought my charger with me, and it was on the charger and the battery read 7% but it still had no signal. I told them this, and the nice lady said the repair guy said it was fixed so she didn't know what was going on. I was being picked up at the store, so I left it on the charger for another half hour or so. When my ride got there, I took the phone off the charger and the battery had gone DOWN to 4%. I pointed it out to the rep, and she said to come back the next day so I could show the repair guy. The battery went back to 0% over the rest of the day, and it never charged again. I took it back, the repair guy looked it over again and couldn't get any kind of response from it, so he ordered me a brand new one. I was very satisfied with my experience--they were not able to do an exchange in store because it was not a corporate store, but instead of telling me to go to one (faaaar away), they ordered me one. AND my Pre had a couple knicks in it because I dropped it once about 3 days after launch, so it had cosmetic damage..... they could have said I had to go through insurance, but they didn't. So while it sucks that I won't have a phone until Monday (and haven't had one since Wednesday), I'm glad I am getting a new one!