Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Just viewed my bill for my vacation in Nassau. Will cost you $2.29 a minute to roam in the Bahamas.
    Last few times I was there my CDMA phones got no service. Is this a new network or do you have a world phone?
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    It costs the same 2.29/min on cruise ships (atleast in the Caribbean)
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    $2.99 sounds about right. I was a bit further North in Bermuda last week. The network texted in the rate, as well as the data charge. No sms was available.

The annoying thing on the Pre was the network time. For some reason it changed the time/date to an Australia time zone! My calendar dates were a wreck until I figured out what had happened. I'd say it was not the smoothest transition. I think this issue, for frequent time zone changers, was much better handled by PalmOS.
    Sprint Franken-Pre 2
    Ouch. Isn't that area part of the "Americas"? Shouldn't it be covered by the "no roaming" piece?

I went to Frediericton, NB in Canada and my roaming was "included".

CS
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Not a world phone.
    I called sprint last time I went to the bahamas and they did something & my phone worked in freeport. Not nassua.. No data or sms tho. But there were no charges.

On the way back though, (we own a boat) I made some calls when we were close to the mainland (@ sea) and thatys where I got butchered. Said I was calling from congo.
    Thats why I bring my iridium handset when i travel abroad. Can't beat 1.00 a minute anywhere on the planet billed in 15 second increments.

Frankie
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Pfft. The next time I go to the Bahamas, the last thing I would bring would be a phone. LOL
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by rj5620 View Post
    Just viewed my bill for my vacation in Nassau. Will cost you $2.29 a minute to roam in the Bahamas.
    I was there earlier this month, was wondering about the charges. I made a couple of phone calls on the boat and chased data & wifi signal all over the island. lol.
    Got my statement, and none of it showed up. Maybe next month?