Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    keep geting error..it say no application to open file.. Any help will be apreciated..
    I saved mine to the Phone and then used the PDF veiwer to open and view with no problems
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Doesn't seem to open automatically from web sites...I've noticed this too. Pretty annoying.
    How the heck did you do this...I have yet to figure a way to save a link to the phone...
    These are PDF through E-mail sorry not ones on the web or linked.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    My experience has been that you need to email the pdf to yoursef and can then view it.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    so if I want to access a pdf from the phone, I must first get to a computer and email it to myself, then download from email, then open it...?

is there no way around this? I ran into this problem today. Coworker with the Iphone did not have the problem. I'm not bitter, I just keep questioning my decision to stick with Sprint (8 years now...?). Trying to give this phone a fair run.
    Really? That sucks.
    i can view pdf's easily and word documents...the only thing i havent been able to do once is view powerpoints...it just gives u the circle thing and keeps on and doesnt load anything...very frusterating
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i can view pdf's easily and word documents...the only thing i havent been able to do once is view powerpoints...it just gives u the circle thing and keeps on and doesnt load anything...very frusterating
    I'm having the same problem with powerpoints -- thought it was the size of the file, but that does not seem like it should be a limitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by wegener View Post
    so if I want to access a pdf from the phone, I must first get to a computer and email it to myself, then download from email, then open it...?

is there no way around this? I ran into this problem today. Coworker with the Iphone did not have the problem. I'm not bitter, I just keep questioning my decision to stick with Sprint (8 years now...?). Trying to give this phone a fair run.
    As strange as that sounds, the solution we are given for viewing pdf from the internet is to always have our PC's with us...

THis and 300 more are in the Tips and Tricks.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoPrince View Post
    These are PDF through E-mail sorry not ones on the web or linked.
    I sent myself a pdf through email and didn't see the attachment. Where would it be saved if I could save it to the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre-mium View Post
    I sent myself a pdf through email and didn't see the attachment. Where would it be saved if I could save it to the Pre?
    If you down't see the Attachment icon ( paperClip) then refresh the mail account ad it should be there. Once there open and select save. Then go to PDF reader and it should be in there.

I know i saw them in USB mode but not sure if in a Folder or just general area.
    not being able to view a PDF on the web seems like a pretty silly oversight for a phone like this. I have only had my Pre for 3 weeks and this has already frustrated me on a few occasions.