Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 58 of 58
  1. Mosbb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by chdwil View Post
    This may have been my first thread/post, and I just registered, but I visit these forums daily. So I figured I would interact some.
    The fact that you said you would have bought the pre instead if it had a video camera really shows how good the pre is over the 3gs.

    You have a small son so you don't take day by day with him for granted. Your smart to do what you did. Don't listen to these guys here, they just love the pre and are ready to go to war if they had to.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    The fact that you said you would have bought the pre instead if it had a video camera really shows how good the pre is over the 3gs.

    You have a small son so you don't take day by day with him for granted. Your smart to do what you did. Don't listen to these guys here, they just love the pre and are ready to go to war if they had to.
    No doubt. I may keep my 755p on-hand until the Pre gets video recording capabilities (assuming it doesn't by the time I get one) b/c my baby cousins are too cute to miss out on.

    If it were MY child, I might make a similar choice. Not an identical one, I don't think (but many of my iPhone complaints have been addressed so it's hard to say with complete confidence, anymore).
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3. #43  
    Whew! I'm glad others share my sentiment.
  4. #44  
    My thought are that the Pre (actual hardware phone) isn't that good. However, WebOS more than makes up the negatives. WebOS is the reason why the Pre is such a great phone... its the only phone out there that has WebOS. I really think that the EOS (Pixie) is going to be allot better. More stable, solid and robust. I can't wait for another 1-2 year until I can see and get the 3,4, or 5 phone that has WebOS on it. Then it will surely be that evenual iPhone Killer.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  5. Ottoa2000's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #45  
    Good choice on the iphone for the video recording. I chose the pre for some of the other features and for the keyboard. I found myself really wishing I had a video camera available when my dishwashers at my restaurant were dancing with eachother. It is special moments like this that would be a shame to not capture. Luckily my brother was able to pull out his bold and catch the moment.
    My son just got the 3gs. He uses it when his friends are around or he's trying to impress the ladies. He uses my phone when he surfs the web or sends emails.
    Good luck with your phone and welcome to the board, don't let internet bullies keep you away.
  6. ey2289's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #46  
    Why you would buy the iphone to record your son instead of using a video camera is beyond me.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by ey2289 View Post
    Why you would buy the iphone to record your son instead of using a video camera is beyond me.
    why one would carry a video camera everywhere one goes is also beyond me...
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    why one would carry a video camera everywhere one goes is also beyond me...
    the funny thing is... you dont have the feature, you learn to live without. you have it, you find uses now and then.

    just like a convenience having the camera, it's just now convenient switching it to video mode and taking a quick video with audio. besides special moments with family and friends, i found it can help in situations like work where i was talking to wiring guys for extra drops in our building and to be able to do the walk through videoing exact spots with audio to review later. better than taking voice recording. if your in construction, you can vid changes on site to show exactly what you need and email them to the architect or whoever for changes.

    and in the iphone 3gs in particular, the camera comes up in a second and you can immediately switch to video and record. and the video quality is very good and if you want can immediately edit and email the video on the fly or upload to youtube or whatever.

    if done properly is another convenience. like voice recording... some people need it, some dont
  9. klt0042's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #49  
    Personally, I couldn't imagine wanting/needing a video recorder. I still don't even really want a camera. I don't buy a mobile device to take crummy pictures and videos.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by klt0042 View Post
    Personally, I couldn't imagine wanting/needing a video recorder. I still don't even really want a camera. I don't buy a mobile device to take crummy pictures and videos.
    The op described the source of his need or desire - his young son - and you STILL can't imagine wanting or needing a video recorder?

    You should've watched more Sesame Street.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  11. Chdwil's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
       #51  
    As I have used my 3Gs more and more I have found myself many times saying "well this is where the Pre's multitasking would have been great". And I swithched from Sprint to AT&T and have had no complaints about AT&t other than the rates. Sprint was a much better provider for the money.

    On a near daily basis I am reminded why I chose the 3gs, the video recorder and the 32gb of memory. I have used the video feature every day and send the videos of my young son to famiy. They all are thrilled to get the videos and the first thing they comment on is how great the picure is and sound is very clear. I am no Apple fanboy, all of my computers are Windows based and the hoops I have to jump through to transfer music and videos that I did not buy on iTunes is a joke.

    The 3Gs is a great phone, not perfect, and the same can be said for the Pre.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    the funny thing is... you dont have the feature, you learn to live without. you have it, you find uses now and then.

    just like a convenience having the camera, it's just now convenient switching it to video mode and taking a quick video with audio. besides special moments with family and friends, i found it can help in situations like work where i was talking to wiring guys for extra drops in our building and to be able to do the walk through videoing exact spots with audio to review later. better than taking voice recording. if your in construction, you can vid changes on site to show exactly what you need and email them to the architect or whoever for changes.

    and in the iphone 3gs in particular, the camera comes up in a second and you can immediately switch to video and record. and the video quality is very good and if you want can immediately edit and email the video on the fly or upload to youtube or whatever.

    if done properly is another convenience. like voice recording... some people need it, some dont
    I was being somewhat sarcastic in my response to ey2289; my point was that for some people it's better to have the option to record a video on the spur of the moment without having to carry a traditional video camera around. That's why a phone's video function is important to the OP.
  13. #53  
    is one option I couldn't care less about, in fact I wish there was a no camera option on phones that were cheaper. I recently dumped my 800w for a 755p, I very much want a Pre but the 800w soured me on 1st gen phones. I qualify for the $150 in a couple of months. I'll keep reading the forums and see if Palm keeps up with useful updates and maybe I'll take the plunge soon. It doesn't sound like it's the right phone for me yet. Except for the random resets that are well documented and I expected I am happy with the 755p for now. A smart phone without a physical keyboard is not an option for me.
  14. #54  
    I wouldn't be too surprised to find that most people don't need or use a video option that much, but between family events that sometimes start without warning, babies that have us all making stupid faces, and times when someone's trying to quickly give me instructions that I *need* to get on the first take, I get a fair amount of use out of my video option.

    I'm planning on carrying my 755p around with me, sometimes, after I buy a Pre. Hopefully, video functionality (among other things) will quickly follow and I can put the 755p in a retirement home, somewhere.

    And finally *fully* retire my 650, I guess.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by hbg View Post
    So why get uptight about it? It is just a post. Get a life.
    And the responses calling him a troll are only posts. Why get uptight about them? Get a life.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    And the responses calling him a troll are only posts. Why get uptight about them? Get a life.
    Yay! Let's all dance around in logical circles!

    Except it's not logical. One is blatantly offensive (i.e. calling someone a name). The other is a freaked-out reaction to someone actually having a different opinion than the reader.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  17. #57  
    no doubt in my mind that when the appliciations start comming out, video recording will be one of the first things with it. Then again, it probally should have came with the phone from the start, would have been at least one more guarnteed sale from you I guess!
  18. 1414H77's Avatar
    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    And the responses calling him a troll are only posts. Why get uptight about them? Get a life.
    Touche!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions