Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chdwil View Post
    I think the Pre is a great phone with many unique features that the iPhone lacks, but in the end I bought a 3GS for the video recording. The video has been a heavily used feature for me, especially with a young son to record. The video quality is suprisingly good and so simple to use and transfer.

If the Pre had a video recorder I would have bought the Pre. I am still very happy with my iPhone, but still visit this forum to stay up to date on the Pre.
    Video was thing that has really gotten me with the 3GS, especially since it is VGA at 30fps, which is a lot better than a standard cell phone camcorder (modern BBs are HVGA). I'm all about having one device in my pocket that does everything, so that really appealed to me. But there are two problems with the video that kind of negate the benefit and would stop me from purchasing this as my primary camcorder.

1. No zoom - digital or optical. (this isn't as much of an issue w/ stills, because you can crop and blow up in post, but you can't really do that nearly as easily with video.
    2. Not 720p

I can buy a Sanyo VPC-CG10 HD which does have an optical zoom, shoots in 720p, and has image stabilization for about $180. Yes the video is nice, but I don't think it's nice enough to put it head and shoulders above any other phone with video capability.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    My only issue with post like these is why. I looked at an iphone and a blackberry but did not like them for different reasons. I would go to the iphone or crackberry foums and post why the phones stink. Makes no sense. I tried a SONY HD Tv in Best Buy last week. Not going to run to a forum and comment on how I am not purchsaing becasue I did not like the picture. Again the OP was respectfull and seems honest and dosent nessesarily make them a troll but guess I just dont see why .
    OK so you want to understand why he bothered. Fair question.

How about this, he looked into lots of phones spent lots of time reading the great user forums without posting as he wanted to just read (I think they are called lurkers). After making his decision he decided to contribute some constructive feedback.

Why does anyone post !?

Did you ever think he wanted a positive response to see if video was coming and that perhaps then one day he WOULD BUY A PRE!?
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chdwil View Post
    This may have been my first thread/post, and I just registered, but I visit these forums daily. So I figured I would interact some.
    Good on you mate and welcome. Hope you hang around. You never know some good stuff might be coming down the pipe that interests you.
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Hey, here's an idea, instead of slamming the poor iPhone using OP, how about everyone going to the iPhone sites and post about the iPhone you never bought, because you have a Pre. and used Treo's before and you won't be screwed by ATT costs on their slow network.....

I'm thinking about doing this to get equal time from the iPhone fanboys coming here.....

Prior to the Pre I had a phone that did not even send text messages. I miss that phone. Sometimes I'm gone for 16 hours from home, not in my car, and no office to keep a charger lying around -- this phone has yet to make it through a single day. If I want to call someone on the way home, it's not happening.
    Very disappointed with the smartphone switch. And yes, I've implemented many of the battery saving tips and tricks.
    Unfortunately, and I didn't want to buy one, but my friends with Iphones (which would have been cheaper for me as an existing sprint customer I did not get much love for my loyalty -- also have 3G here on At&T and not on Sprint) do not have this problem.

Will things improve? Have I made a huge mistake not getting the Iphone? I know they don't "multitask" and have "syngery" but I just want to be able to check email when needed, look up things on Epocrates, and not have a dead phone at the end of the day when I would like to call my grandmother. Not too mention my first generation Ipod is losing its will to live.

I know my bill is better with Sprint, and that was a big push in staying, because I don't believe I'm tech savvy enough nor do I use the phone enough to appreciate some of the differences. I need to return calls, check emails without using a computer, text, look up drugs, calculate BMIs, maybe one day use the navigation features -- although I wish sprint phones would work in europe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteman100 View Post
    You signed up on the forum just to say that? Troll much?
    Palm fanboy much?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wegener View Post
    Prior to the Pre I had a phone that did not even send text messages. I miss that phone. Sometimes I'm gone for 16 hours from home, not in my car, and no office to keep a charger lying around -- this phone has yet to make it through a single day. If I want to call someone on the way home, it's not happening.
    Very disappointed with the smartphone switch. And yes, I've implemented many of the battery saving tips and tricks.
    Unfortunately, and I didn't want to buy one, but my friends with Iphones (which would have been cheaper for me as an existing sprint customer I did not get much love for my loyalty -- also have 3G here on At&T and not on Sprint) do not have this problem.

Will things improve? Have I made a huge mistake not getting the Iphone? I know they don't "multitask" and have "syngery" but I just want to be able to check email when needed, look up things on Epocrates, and not have a dead phone at the end of the day when I would like to call my grandmother. Not too mention my first generation Ipod is losing its will to live.

I know my bill is better with Sprint, and that was a big push in staying, because I don't believe I'm tech savvy enough nor do I use the phone enough to appreciate some of the differences. I need to return calls, check emails without using a computer, text, look up drugs, calculate BMIs, maybe one day use the navigation features -- although I wish sprint phones would work in europe.
    This probably won't be popular here, but if you are within your 30 day return policy, you should consider getting the Blackberry Tour. It comes out tomorrow and it will meet all of your needs (including working in Europe - it's a world phone. It actually has a sim card in it). I have a curve now and the battery is fantastic.

I just have this sick fascination with WebOS that I can't get over, so that is why I am still considering getting a pre. But there really is nothing wrong with blackberrys at all, the only criticism you'll hear is that the platform is aging somewhat.
    The ONLY point of a post like this is to point out, primarily to those who are considering a Pre, that the Pre does not have video recording. It isn't even truthful enough to state that the pre "doesn't YET have video recording" because that would defeat the purpose of the post, which is to detur potential Pre users.

THAT, my friends, is a TROLL!!!!
    Ummm...thanks for the info?

Sorry, I just don't see the point in posting that on a Pre forum. I think most of us are well aware of what the Pre and iPhone are capable of, respectively.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    n/m
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    will it be available on sprint and is it wi-fi capable? (in reference to the Blackberry Tour recommendation)

I looked into the blackberry group, but all of sprint's offerings do not connect to wifi -- something that I rely on in the depths of a hospital with poor reception at times... and poor sprint service relative to Cellular South or At&t in this region
    Last edited by wegener; 07/11/2009 at 07:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    If you look at the Treonauts site there is a Poll going listing all the "wishlist" items and the video recording one is right up at the top I believe.
    So this chatter (Troll or otherwise) is good because it serves to consistently tell Palm to get video recording up and running.

I personally don't think it is the most important feature missing from the Palm but think we will see it implemented before the PIM improvements I wish for.

With the pace at which Palm are releasing OS updates I would be surprised if we don't see video recording very soon (hopefully by the European phone release time).

That will shut up any Trolls / iPhone fanboys on this topic. They are probably excited because they just got the feature!!

We have seen Palm deliver features the iPhone didn't have until years later so I am hopeful this one will be there soon.

I don't however have any problem with the odd posting on this as long as it isn't the same person slamming the phone time and time again.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    It just smacks of disingenuous when someone makes an anti-Pre post as their first or second post (not necessarily the OP but certainly others)...or when you see that they have a handful of posts and they all bash the Pre.
    If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do succeed.
    Yeah that sucked! Really, get a grip.

I actually was disappointed that the Pre did not have video and would not have purchased it but I knew it would be added.

Maybe he was coming here to just find out if he made a mistake of getting the iPhone and wanted some feedback to find out if it would.

He just got his iPhone, maybe he wants to return it, but maybe not after your bashing him.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Wow,you know i have a palm pre and i love it . I know there will be fixes and updates and i cant wait, but you people need a ****ing life... half of you have no idea about half the info in this forum. The problem is nobody give a **** about anybody but them selfs. That my friends blows.Let people speak there minds its a forum to share information and your thoughts on the Palm Pre. Lighten the **** up.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wegener View Post
    will it be available on sprint and is it wi-fi capable? (in reference to the Blackberry Tour recommendation)

I looked into the blackberry group, but all of sprint's offerings do not connect to wifi -- something that I rely on in the depths of a hospital with poor reception at times... and poor sprint service relative to Cellular South or At&t in this region
    It will be available on sprint tomorrow, but the tour launching tomorrow does not have wi-fi. The good news is that they will be releasing a new version of the tour early next year with wifi. Go check out the crackberry forums for more details on this (there is a 9630 subforum there).
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    Wow,you know i have a palm pre and i love it . I know there will be fixes and updates and i cant wait, but you people need a ****ing life... half of you have no idea about half the info in this forum. The problem is nobody give a **** about anybody but them selfs. That my friends blows.Let people speak there minds its a forum to share information and your thoughts on the Palm Pre. Lighten the **** up.
    Despite the bleeping (or maybe because of it) I can't help but get behind this post.

It gets really ridiculous around here, sometimes. I hope there's no limit to how long one's ignore list can get. I suspect I'm about to find out.

Children.

Anyway, op, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you and your perspective. I'm nobody, but that's my two cents.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    WTF is wrong with ya'll !?! I have a pre and love it but I'm really thinking about dumping this site. I don't care if it's a person's 1st or 1000th post, they should be able to voice their opinion!! Stop with all the BS!! It's not like the OP was direspectful or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyahstarter View Post
    WTF is wrong with ya'll !?! I have a pre and love it but I'm really thinking about dumping this site. I don't care if it's a person's 1st or 1000th post, they should be able to voice their opinion!! Stop with all the BS!! It's not like the OP was direspectful or anything.

(I hate to post just to agree with someone, without adding anything else to the conversation, but it feels sooooo good to see an e-voice of reason out there.)
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast