Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Is it possible to set up calendar events for certain contacts.

For example, say I have a dental cleaning to add to my calendar. Is there any way I can link my dentists' contact to the event? Or I do I have to jump between the calendar and contact screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by sweat View Post
    Is it possible to set up calendar events for certain contacts.

For example, say I have a dental cleaning to add to my calendar. Is there any way I can link my dentists' contact to the event? Or I do I have to jump between the calendar and contact screen?
    Unfortunately not yet, which really sucks.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    On my previuos Palm, I used Action Names that was great at doing just that. I'm waiting for something similar.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    This is unfortunate. Perhaps, we should all send written letters to Palm. Given Synergy, it just makes so much sense to link contacts and appointments together.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    +1, i actually thought this was a given when synergy was mentioned
    yet another reason why I returned mine. I use that religiously to keep track of what my customers are doing. The PIM on a whole has been dumbed down, and it just becomes a deal breaker for a certain set of business users.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    yea..hope palm is listening..synergy shouldn't just be limited
    This is a feature I'd really like as well. Something I've been using in Agendus for years.
    I've posted this request here and on Palm's website in the 'feature request'.

I am so bummed out over this you no idea. I see that as more people get their Pre's they are complaining like I am.

The real joke is that plain vanilla calendar's such as Outlook or Google can't do this either.

What Palm has done in there older software (I had a Treo 650), was to copy the information and insert it in the event line, which is acceptable for me.

Seriously, test this out with a regular calendar such as Outlook or Google Calendar, you can't do it unless you have someone's email.

In my case, I make a lot of doctor appointments.

This is not the only thread about this.

And please go to Palm and post it as a request.

Here is the link:

Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)