Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Washing machine....spin cycle.....no no, wait that was my flash drive (still works btw).
    Flash Drives (usually) don't have a battery and are powered soley by the computer when they are plugged in and thus don't have the problems other electrical devices have with water.

I've been nice to my Pre so far, but my last phone I accidentally dropped out of my pocket as I left the car near 100 times, and twice ran it over...
    i think i have only dropped the pre once or twice which is surprising for me, i came over from nextel and went thru phones like crazy. Had i90, i215, i530, i560, i730, i830, i850, i860, i870, i880, i930, i9 and went thru tep numerous times with each. Most recently it was the i870 i was replacing that phone once every two weeks (most of the time it wasnt my fault tho) Also had issues with the screen going out from using the quick flip button way too much. I also always would talk on the phone while driving, set the phone in my lap then hop out of the car and hear the phone smash on the ground. Dropped an i880 in the snow and didnt realize it for about three hours later, still worked. However since i have gotten the pre i have been very much careful with it. Ive almost dropped it a couple of times and not even knowing caught it with cat like reflects. So hopefully i will be nicer to this phone and keep it for longer. Also when i wsa going into sprint to get my i870 replaced often the rep told me to be careful cuz sprint would likely kick me off the insurance program if i wasnt nicer to the phones, I do remember one time she looked up my account it gave her a warning about all my repairs.
    Mine involves camping with it during 6 straight days of rain and cold in Banff (it didn't get as soaked as I did, just a bit damp from being in my pocket), followed by freezing temperatures a few days later in Yellowstone, followed by blazing hot temperatures in Badlands. I was a dumbass at the last one and left it in the car, despite reading here about bad things that might happen to it by doing so.

It fared well. Now let's see if it can get through a Chicago winter.
  4.    #24  
    Someone just posted a fantastic story involving a Pre and an ambulance in another thread...worthy of checking out, if you were curious about this post.
    Ha! And that ambulance story was mine lol. I thank you for the complement.
    I put my Pre to the task by trying to keep it powered off while charging it. The "smartphone" got confused and woke back up. Then I read this post in landscape and tried to reply; but the Pre found it too difficult, so I had to flip it to portrait so i can type. That's some difficult ***** i put my Pre through.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I put my Pre to the task by trying to keep it powered off while charging it. The "smartphone" got confused and woke back up. Then I read this post in landscape and tried to reply; but the Pre found it too difficult, so I had to flip it to portrait so i can type. That's some difficult ***** i put my Pre through.
    lol i was really feeling that ****.
    ok my story with the pre.. we go way back since day one.. it was go through a lot of issues hard to explain.. it stayed up all night like insomnia with the timepiece app. whenever I get up in middle of the night it was always up on display on my nightstand. it never sleeps.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12