Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Something is up with my phone. I have been getting relatively good battery life for the past few weeks, but then yesterday, things started getting weird.

Turned on my phone in the morning after having charged it up to 100% over night in Airplane mode. Went to the bathroom, came back, picked up the phone and it was hot. Battery was down to 90% after roughly 3 minutes or so. I was right by my airrave, and didn't have it doing anything. 12 hours later, the phone was down to 13%, with little to no use.

Today, I turned on the phone about an hour ago, sent a couple texts, synced about 13 emails, and the phone is already down to 91%.

Is there any way to check the phone logs without rooting the phone? I feel like something is wrong here, and I want to get to the bottom of it.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    I'd reboot it..
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Is rebooting the same thing as shutting the phone off and turning it back on?
    you can restart it by pressing: orange sym R all st the same time
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I know how to restart the Pre, I'm asking if it's the same thing as turning it on and off.
    Yes it is-
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    if you wanted to go crazy you could pull the battery for about 30sec to make sure all the mem is cleared out...but an orange + sym + R usually does it for me
    I turned off aim and I get 2 to 3 days per charge
    The same thing happened to me. I finally got it resolved by Device Info > Reset > Partial Erase.

Hope this helps
    My battery hasn't had any problems. I am going over 30 days now and its just fine.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I've noticed that the battery last longer when it is below 60%. Anything higher, the battery percentage drops considerably. Hopefully future updates will fix this, or it's just me.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I turned the screen brightness all the way down, and its still bright, but it most definitely helped the battery time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChillHill View Post
    I turned the screen brightness all the way down, and its still bright, but it most definitely helped the battery time.
    when you turned the screen all the way down, does the back light on the keyboard essentially shut off? Cuz mine did...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug30 View Post
    when you turned the screen all the way down, does the back light on the keyboard essentially shut off? Cuz mine did...
    No, the keyboard backlight is dependent on the ambient light sensor. If you go to Device Info, then More Info, then the Interactive Tests in the drop-down menu, run the screen test. It'll test the sensors to turn the keyboard backlight on.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    No, the keyboard backlight is dependent on the ambient light sensor. If you go to Device Info, then More Info, then the Interactive Tests in the drop-down menu, run the screen test. It'll test the sensors to turn the keyboard backlight on.
    K, I just did those tests. And my keyboard light didn't turn on or anything...is it broke?

EDIT: btw, I have my screen setting turned down as low as it goes
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug30 View Post
    Is your battery less than 20% if so, the Pre turns off the keyboard backlight to save up on the battery life. If not, then yeah, you pretty much got a bad keyboard. At the lowest brightness the keyboard lights should still be lit up.
    Does anyone notice how fast the Pre charges? I would love longer battery life with a slower charge, but since that's not the case, I'm glad it charges fast!
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkacatin View Post
    I've noticed that the battery last longer when it is below 60%. Anything higher, the battery percentage drops considerably. Hopefully future updates will fix this, or it's just me.
    That's because the pre really does not do a fully charge right.
    Buy a centro external battery charger and you will notice that from 100 % the battery will last much longer.

I been using for 32 days now 2 centro batteries and the charger and bat life is waaaayyy better than the oem batteries! You guys are missing out big time with this setup because of ''sprint said not to use centro batteries.''

Pethetic!