1.    #1  
    When typing an email today, I noticed I cannot put the cursor on either side of a paragraphs farthest character. If I tap on or near the edge the cursor either goes away or I am one character in from the edge. Is this common? I have to use the advanced key command (orange +) to move the cursor where I want. I don't' remember my previous pre having this issue.
    I've never been able to get the cursor exactly where I want it. Finger-touch touchscreens just aren't that precise, and the Pre's is no exception. The best you can hope for is to get close, and then home in with the orange key, just as you've been doing.
    Capacitive touchscreens (using a finger) are never as precise as resistive screens (using a stylus). There is simply too much surface area to cover to home in on exactly the right spot every time. This is especially true when it comes to cursor positioning.
    yep. just have to use the cursor move method. at least that's pretty easy to use ...
    we need to borrow from the iphone here and do the magnify thing. it works pretty well for capacitive screens and seems to be the best solution for this out.
    Global Posts
    497 Global Posts
    This is an area where i like my ipod touch better than the pre
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Not sure what (orange +) means, but I use orange -> drag. Press the orange key and drag your cursor wherever you want it. You don't have to be on the same line. You can drag anywhere on the screen.
    Is it just me or is the "orange + drag" method also a bit difficult? Over 50% of the time the cursor either doesn't move or it jumps too far. I would like to see pressing the orange key + a gesture area swipe forward or back result in a one-space cursor move forward or back so I don't spend 10 seconds trying to get the cursor on the other side of a letter (like "l").
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    When typing an email today, I noticed I cannot put the cursor on either side of a paragraphs farthest character. If I tap on or near the edge the cursor either goes away or I am one character in from the edge. Is this common? I have to use the advanced key command (orange +) to move the cursor where I want. I don't' remember my previous pre having this issue.
    A major reason why I miss the Treo's Scroll pad w/ center button.