Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I haven't received my 1st bill after the Pre upgrade yet, but the Sprint guy at the store told me the $18 was an FCC fee, not a Sprint fee.
    Bull****.

The FCC doesn't charge for activating a new mobile phone. In that case, ask him why they don't charge any activation fees online.

Obviously, their costs to obtain a new customer or to obtain an upgrade are more in-store because their employees are on commission (compared to an online purchase where there's no commission to pay anyone), but providing a BS reason is just that - BS.
    mapara: that avatar that you have in your profile is that something we can do on our phone cause i think that is really nice have the weather and all the applications in the middle
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    @paz00kie - I believe that is a Pre only limitation with data and voice at the same time. I don't recall this on my Treo's, Centro, or even my MotoQ(Yeah I got one of those, what a mistake!).
    well i always thought EVDO did both..this coming from a purely GSM user since day one (well take that back..i remember my first phone was a sprint pcs candybar phone and att when they were CDMA as well) so once i gopt the PRE i started investigating why I couldnt do data+voice and i read in so kmany pklaces that its not possible..that when a call came in either it stopped your data connection OR it ASKED you what you wanted to do OR you had the option to ignore all calls to keep data alive but neer simultaneously..like my friends touch pro..he cant do both..but like i said..im new to EVDO usage so I cant attest from personal experience..but from a hardware perspective a device cant really limit that..if it is capable of the bands that evdo rev a run on and supports that function than there should be no limitations..the only time there are limitations if either a) the algorithm doesnt support data+voice or b) the device has been crippled and wont allow certain bands even though the hardware is capable of recieving those bands
    Quote Originally Posted by paz00kie View Post
    well i always thought EVDO did both..this coming from a purely GSM user since day one (well take that back..i remember my first phone was a sprint pcs candybar phone and att when they were CDMA as well) so once i gopt the PRE i started investigating why I couldnt do data+voice and i read in so kmany pklaces that its not possible..that when a call came in either it stopped your data connection OR it ASKED you what you wanted to do OR you had the option to ignore all calls to keep data alive but neer simultaneously..like my friends touch pro..he cant do both..but like i said..im new to EVDO usage so I cant attest from personal experience..but from a hardware perspective a device cant really limit that..if it is capable of the bands that evdo rev a run on and supports that function than there should be no limitations..the only time there are limitations if either a) the algorithm doesnt support data+voice or b) the device has been crippled and wont allow certain bands even though the hardware is capable of recieving those bands
    This seems like a question that should be thrown out at the Rooters? Hey rooters, is it possible to remove some sort of Sprint limitation enforced on data and voice simultaneously?
    Someone might read this. :P
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    I spoke too soon.

I recieved $77 charges on a line thats been on standby for almost a YEAR !

(my data card line) cant decide if I should write a lengethy email to executive services or call retentions before I jump ship. Would hate to cause I love the pre, but damn enough is enough.

BTW also got the $18 fee.
    Hey guys, the voice/data issue is not the pre, its CDMA networks in general. You can use both on ATT because its a GSM network. I'm not really sure the technical reasons behind it, but CDMA (sprint, verizon, alltel) cannot do both. Kinda sucks, but not enough to make me use ATT's garbage service.
    I got my $18 credit back
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    i bought my pre at BB and they said i would be charged an activation/upgrade fee. got my bill and it was waived
    I have not gotten my bill yet but it was posted online.

The statement reads $18 activation fee
    then the next line it says -$18 activation credit

I think you get billed for it and then receive a credit for it at the same time.

I think its an accounting thing.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

When I received an email regarding my latest bill I checked online and saw the activation charge. I just checked my account today and the activation charge was credited back to my account.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone with Sprint. It took 2 min and they credited my account. Alot less painful then I thought.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12