Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If so, please describe your setup and process.

Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Very difficult with the current available apps. The included tasks app is weak at best. I guess you can use a web site based task application like Remember the Milk. I am hoping we see Pocket Informant for the Pre eventually.
  3.    #3  
    I'm hoping and praying for Pimlico DateBk or (the newer desktop-based) Pimlical. IMHO, hands down the best PIM app anywhere on any platform in terms of features and customization.
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Wasn't aware of Pocket Informant. Thanks for the info. I am thinking of how to incorporate GTD with the Pre.
    Last edited by realistdreamer; 07/11/2009 at 11:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    heberman has what sounds like a pretty decent setup. I'm not sure if he uses GTD to the letter but I think one could do that using this system. You can search sites like LifeHacker for help with setting up the GTD system using RTM Gmail and Google Calendar.

I'm not a huge fan of using the cloud for task management so I'm waiting...
    Last edited by groovy; 07/11/2009 at 02:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    I'm hoping and praying for Pimlico DateBk or (the newer desktop-based) Pimlical. IMHO, hands down the best PIM app anywhere on any platform in terms of features and customization.
    Last I read, he didn't sound very up on the idea, or webOS in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    If so, please describe your setup and process.
    Currently using the tasks app to GTD. Created 4 categories atm.

• Next Actions
    • Waiting for
    • someday
    • wishlist

Ignore the priority, yet the due date is very helpful as you get a notification on the pre when it expires.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I'm using Google Tasks (via my Gmail) to keep track of my tasks. I use the iPhone version via the Pre, and the full version on my computers. Since I work on several computers, it's essential that my tasks are in the cloud. Google Tasks are very nicely done, except that on the iPhone version I can't re-order tasks (can do that via computer).
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    I'm using Google Tasks (via my Gmail) to keep track of my tasks. I use the iPhone version via the Pre, and the full version on my computers. Since I work on several computers, it's essential that my tasks are in the cloud. Google Tasks are very nicely done, except that on the iPhone version I can't re-order tasks (can do that via computer).
    What is the URL for the iPhone version?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Oops, the Android version works better than the iPhone version.

for the regular gmail version:
    mail.google.com/tasks/wk

for the gmail for your domain version:
    mail.google.com/tasks/a/YOURDOMAIN.COM/android
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I had been using Agendus for GTD for the last cpl of years. It was working perfect for me. At first I was very sad about the PIM on the Pre, but after working with it a cpl of weeks it seems to be working just fine. Back to the simple basics of GTD. My GTD setup is very simple;

Since the Pre lets you have unlimited catagorys (list) this solves a major short comming of the Palm. Here are my list;
    inbox
    internet
    calls
    office
    errands
    waiting for
    someday
    maybe

i can make a new list for each project PJW review weekly, PJM review monthly
    ect like PJW landscaping.

Incoming items go in the inbox awaiting processing.
    All task with do date just go into the calendar

Agenda items (things to talk to with people) I just add them to the contact it has a reminder feature. So when i am with them i just pull up the contact name and i see what is pending to talk about. If when i talk to them via phone the reminder is sent as a notification.

I will admit this is not the complex system ine had with Agendus, but i do not miss the hours of tweeking i use to do.

Pros
    simple
    portable
    fast
    easy to use

cons
    cannot link task to contact
    no icons in calendar
    no linking contacts to each other
    no local desktop (will try google task soon).

So there it is this is no date book or agendus, but maybe simple is better!

MTW
    +edit You can also go to all task and search by keyword I.E. calls will return all pending calls no matter where they are nested.
    Last edited by mtwest; 07/11/2009 at 09:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    Wasn't aware of Pocket Informant. That's for the info. I am thinking of how to incorporate GTD with the Pre.
    The Pocket Informant developer has the Pre SDK and has indicated a future version is in the works. Here is a picture from the iPhone version.....

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I'm currently trying to figure out GTD on the pre.

One thing that would be nice is a Toodledo app for the Pre. The web version isn't bad though.

Evernote, despite its flaws, is still the best way to keep notes.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    The Pocket Informant developer has the Pre SDK and has indicated a future version is in the works. Here is a picture from the iPhone version.....

This definitely looks promising. I hope that SDK is easy to work with and port from iPhone since s/he's still on v1 of the iphone app. I'll try the task categories thing for now. Didn't know there were categories in the task app.
  15.    #15  
    Thanks for all the input. RTM does look interesting, as does Pocket Informant (BTW, was this originally a Windows Mobile app along the lines of DateBk/Agendus?). However, I don't like the thought of being totally dependent on the cloud to access the data stored in these apps (e.g., on an airplane or at the gym--I sometimes do work there while I let my kids play in the indoor playland and the signal is often either dead or it goes into roaming).

Regarding the Pre's Tasks app...am I correct that it's really a list of lists? And if so, would I be correct to guess that those of you using it are also using it for non-NA lists (e.g., Things to do when in D.C., Family Activity Ideas, Packing List, etc., etc.)?

I have downloaded the Evernote Pre app and have been trying it out the last week or so and I do like what I see. For me, this would basically be a replacement for DayNotez on my old PalmOS devices, which I relied heavily upon. Still, I am not crazy about being totally cloud-dependent to access my notes.

Quote Originally Posted by groovy
    Last I read, [CESD of Pimlico Software/DateBk app] didn't sound very up on the idea, or webOS in general.
    Will you help me try to convince him otherwise?

Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    Any update on a good GTD app for the Pre?
    I'm not sure if you all are aware of the preware app called cowtasks. Which is in essence RTM taks app.
    I use an open source web application called tracks (Tracks :: index). It is a web application that has a mobile format for mobile phones that renders very well on the Pre.

I host the application on my own website, but there are companies that will host it for you. You can view and try it out at:

tracks.tra.in: Login (try this from your Pre)
    use username: gwbush, any password
    With PocketMirror Tasks I'm finally happily organizing my tasks. It works quick on the Pre (unlike the built in task manager) and syncs with Outlook.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    Oops, the Android version works better than the iPhone version.

for the regular gmail version:
    mail.google.com/tasks/wk

for the gmail for your domain version:
    mail.google.com/tasks/a/YOURDOMAIN.COM/android
    Thanks for this. As I was using the Chrome-dedicated "Application" from Windows yesterday, I was wondering if there might be a shortcut for the Pre that would give me close to the same thing.

I'm hoping Google releases an API for Google Tasks soon.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast