Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    This definitely looks promising. I hope that SDK is easy to work with and port from iPhone since s/he's still on v1 of the iphone app. I'll try the task categories thing for now. Didn't know there were categories in the task app.
    I agree. I've said, almost since the introduction of the Pre, that a well-rounded robust PIM system is a wide-open opportunity for the Pre. I've emailed WebIS about this (press - webis dot net), and got the following response:

Thanks for the email. We do plan to have something for the Pre, but have nothing to announce yet.

The company that jumps on this early and does it well is likely to become WebOS's version of Pimlical.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    CESD will probably be more enthusiastic about the webOS now that Palm has opened development in C and C++. I am not a programmer, but my understanding is that this will allow more robust access to the hardware and will allow for more complex application development.

Hopefully, this development will lead to Pimlical being ported to webOS.

aviduser
    1995- Newton Message Pad 2000
    1998- Palm V
    1999- Palm V8 (upgrade)
    2000- Palm m505
    2001- Palm m515
    2003- Kyocera 7135
    2004- Treo 600 (woc)
    2006- Treo 700p (wc)
    2007- Treo 680 (wc)
    2008- Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked)
    Quote Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
    CESD will probably be more enthusiastic about the webOS now that Palm has opened development in C and C++. I am not a programmer, but my understanding is that this will allow more robust access to the hardware and will allow for more complex application development.

Hopefully, this development will lead to Pimlical being ported to webOS.

aviduser
    In many ways, I'm still rooting for CESD, but at the same time, I'm ambivalent enough about "brand loyalty" that I will likely end up enthusiastically supporting what comes out first that works for me.

Sort of the ways I was with DateBK over Agendus and Teal.
    I am big time ADD poster child and GTD is one of my saviors.
    I have many tasks in many different areas (contexts)
    Unlike agendus (which I know is great) I am much less dependent on meetings and meeting times than I am tasks.

I tried Remember the Milk, Nozbe, Central Desktop... Finally I have been using Toodledo for over a year. For me, by far the most flexible and easy for me to use.

There is a pre app for adding tasks but I find emailing them or JOTTing them easier.

• I can JOTT my tasks
    • I Can Email my Tasks (time, imporance, Due, Folder), can be emailed reminders
    • I can twit my tasks if I want, can be twitted with reminders
    • Can SMS Tasks, can be sms's with reminders
    • Syncs with Outlook
    • Web Interface is great. I keep two bookmarks, one with folder view, one top view.

Even with my Treo's before I much depended on a web interface.
  5.    #25  
    I realy like Toodledo; however, I have yet to put it to full use.

mobileman, any word on Pocket Informant? Nothing on the developer's website.

FWIW, I, too, am rootng for CESD and hoping for DateBk for webOS. Since getting my Pre on luanch day I have not been following the DateBk Yahoo! Group...anyone know what CESD and been saying of late regarding the possibility of DateBk for webOS?

ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    FWIW, the new Outline Tracker program says it "supports David Allen's Getting Things DoneŽ methodology". It's an outline creation program similar to the old Brainforest for the PalmOS. Outline Tracker Features. It looks like it uses the Calendar app on the Pre very nicely.
  7.    #27  
    Wow! Outline Tracker looks really sweet and well thought out, even if a bit pricy. From what I can tell it looks like it takes a number of time management/planning/outlining/project management features and intigrates them in a realitively simple manner. Kinda reminds me of ShadowPlan for PalmOS, but designed with GTD in mind and perhaps a bit more integrated and easy to use(?). Now if only paid webOS apps had a free trial period like virtually every PalmOS app I every tried.

Anybody using this yet?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Wow! Outline Tracker looks really sweet and well thought out, even if a bit pricy. From what I can tell it looks like it takes a number of time management/planning/outlining/project management features and intigrates them in a realitively simple manner. Kinda reminds me of ShadowPlan for PalmOS, but designed with GTD in mind and perhaps a bit more integrated and easy to use(?). Now if only paid webOS apps had a free trial period like virtually every PalmOS app I every tried.

Anybody using this yet?
    I haven't broken down and tried it yet (we're still paying for Christmas, so I have to spend wisely), but I have communicated with the author.

He's working on a trial version that will max out at 50 entries.

I may not wait for it, and go ahead and buy. If I can find a desktop application that will use the files, I will definitely buy this app.

It uses a standard XOXO file format, but I haven't found any desktop based programs that use it yet. If 37Signals had a Basecamp system for individuals that was reasonably priced, I'd jump on it - that would give me cloud based project management on my Pre.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I haven't broken down and tried it yet (we're still paying for Christmas, so I have to spend wisely), but I have communicated with the author.

He's working on a trial version that will max out at 50 entries.

I may not wait for it, and go ahead and buy. If I can find a desktop application that will use the files, I will definitely buy this app.

It uses a standard XOXO file format, but I haven't found any desktop based programs that use it yet. If 37Signals had a Basecamp system for individuals that was reasonably priced, I'd jump on it - that would give me cloud based project management on my Pre.
    I've also chatted with the author. I completely agree that this is a really promising looking app. But I need it to sync to something and Basecamp is more than I need. (More features and more cost.)

The XOXO capability looks interesting, but I too have not found any XOXO desktop/web apps that would mate well with Outline Tracker. If anyone knows of any, I'd love to hear it. All I have found are some experimental web outliners done 4 or 5 years ago.

Bonsai has been my favorite outliner for doing GTD. But running in Classic is just not optimal and I'm getting desperate for a good WebOS tool.

Dave
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Glad this conversation got restarted, although it's been quiet again for 6 weeks. Wondering if any of you have had any progress? I've used RTM in the past but eventually stopped as it was a bit too open in its format. You can use it as a GTD solution, but it takes lots of fiddling. Nozbe is much more streightforward so I'm starting to look at it.

I'm sure it has more than one downside, but one I discovered on my first day using it (today) is that there's some problem in how it hooks up with Google Calendar - it seems to tell GCal that my Nozbe Calendar is GMT when I'm really EST (and have it set that way in Nozbe). This wouldn't be a huge deal, but there were reports of this 8 months ago in their support forum, and some were answered with "We'll take a look at it" but no further response. So I'm a little concerned that getting actual answers and fixes from Nozbe will be a challenge. Also, at $60/yr, it's a bit pricey!

I've looked at Toodledoo in the past but it felt like it was a very limited try at GTD, whereas Nozbe is a more full-fledged one. But perhaps Toodledo has added a lot since I looked last...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    Glad this conversation got restarted, although it's been quiet again for 6 weeks. Wondering if any of you have had any progress? I've used RTM in the past but eventually stopped as it was a bit too open in its format. You can use it as a GTD solution, but it takes lots of fiddling. Nozbe is much more streightforward so I'm starting to look at it.

I'm sure it has more than one downside, but one I discovered on my first day using it (today) is that there's some problem in how it hooks up with Google Calendar - it seems to tell GCal that my Nozbe Calendar is GMT when I'm really EST (and have it set that way in Nozbe). This wouldn't be a huge deal, but there were reports of this 8 months ago in their support forum, and some were answered with "We'll take a look at it" but no further response. So I'm a little concerned that getting actual answers and fixes from Nozbe will be a challenge. Also, at $60/yr, it's a bit pricey!

I've looked at Toodledoo in the past but it felt like it was a very limited try at GTD, whereas Nozbe is a more full-fledged one. But perhaps Toodledo has added a lot since I looked last...
    Not sure how long ago you looked at Toodledo, but I've tinkered around with it in the last 6-8 mos and found it very useful for GTD and mostly designed specifically for this (I think). Also, be sure to check out Outline Tracker in the App Cat (full and demo vers available). This is a webOS app designed for GTD (but also useful apart from GTD). It's pretty simple once you become familiar with its logic and layout (unfortunately the online tips fall short of a well wrotten user's guide), but pretty useful for full GTD usage on your Pre. BTW, last I checked it was the second most costly webOS app currently available. But as you can look up and read in the P|C review (article), it does seem worth it, especially with the potential for continued development.

Anyone here using Outline Tracker yet?

ME
    (posted from my Pre)
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    nope, but the outline tracker dev wrote me an email telling me toodledo sync is on the roadmap.
    Toodledo is awesome... via email, Jott, web, pre app it works best for me
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Not sure how long ago you looked at Toodledo,
    It's probably been at least a year if not more

Also, be sure to check out Outline Tracker in the App Cat
    I've read a little about that. The main issue for me with that one is that it doesn't have a web interface. I've gone cloud for a while now and having something that just exists on my phone which I could lose is not very attractive, not to mention it just being easier to enter lots of data on a pc. I get that you can backup the data with an xoxo file, but this seems like an honorous thing to have to manage backups/exports vs. something that just is there in the cloud.
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kanzlr View Post
    nope, but the outline tracker dev wrote me an email telling me toodledo sync is on the roadmap.
    That would be great! I have played with Outline Tracker and it seems great. But it only syncs with BaseCamp which is very non-GTD. Odd that Outline Tracker has such a strong GTD focus but syncs to such a non-GTD service. Sync-ing to Toodledo would get me to purchase the paid version of Outline Tracker.
    Not sure how long ago you looked at Toodledo, but I've tinkered around with it in the last 6-8 mos and found it very useful for GTD and mostly designed specifically for this (I think). Also, be sure to check out Outline Tracker in the App Cat (full and demo vers available). This is a webOS app designed for GTD (but also useful apart from GTD). It's pretty simple once you become familiar with its logic and layout (unfortunately the online tips fall short of a well wrotten user's guide), but pretty useful for full GTD usage on your Pre. BTW, last I checked it was the second most costly webOS app currently available. But as you can look up and read in the P|C review (article), it does seem worth it, especially with the potential for continued development.

Anyone here using Outline Tracker yet?

ME
    (posted from my Pre)
    I'm using it, and actually wrote the review (http://www.precentral.net/review-outline-tracker). To tell the truth, I'm not a big follower of GTD, though my wife is beginning to follow the basics, and is going to buy the book to start adopting the principles.

That said, I use Outline Tracker extensively, and it has helped me. It's also promising that the developer is continuing to work on it.

My biggest complaint would probably be that I too have not yet found an external program that will handle XOXO file formats. I'd pay $$$ for one, if there are any aspiring developers out there.
    Shoot, I started a new thread and perhaps should have posted this question here:

Is anybody out there using Chapura Pocket Mirror to sync up their Pre to Outlook tasks who is *also* using the Netcentric GTD Addin for Outlook? I'm set up on Outlook with the GTD addin/plugin and am wondering if Pocket Mirror will be able to handle the category overlays that are used with that. It seems from the Chapura site that they do support multiple categories per item and unlimited total categories, so that sounds promising, but no mention of the specific GTD add-in. Any experience or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    tasks@hand aims to support the GTD methodology as good as possible. It is currently available and is actively being developed.

Disclaimer: I'm currently the driving force behind tasks@hand
    keep an eye on NirvanaHQ ... for your GTD needs

my treo 755 (palmOS) recently gave out on me. i'm new to pre and webOS and in this short period of time really looking forward to the pre3. over the past several days, i've been feverishly looking for something to fill my GTD needs.

i've read about most, looked at some, and tried a few. i have only read reviews about the product in the above post.

i am using a beta2 version of nirvana. it follows the GTD methodology more closely than any others in my research!

(btw, i have no skin in the game with the company; i'm simply looking for a great GTD product and sharing my two cents.)
    Quote Originally Posted by gmaugie007 View Post
    keep an eye on NirvanaHQ ... for your GTD needs

my treo 755 (palmOS) recently gave out on me. i'm new to pre and webOS and in this short period of time really looking forward to the pre3. over the past several days, i've been feverishly looking for something to fill my GTD needs.

i've read about most, looked at some, and tried a few. i have only read reviews about the product in the above post.

i am using a beta2 version of nirvana. it follows the GTD methodology more closely than any others in my research!

(btw, i have no skin in the game with the company; i'm simply looking for a great GTD product and sharing my two cents.)
    I've only seen one review of tasks@hand so far, which is here at precentral. If you've seen more, please let me know

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $nirvana$ $is$ $a$ $website$. $As$ $such$ $the$ $interaction$ $with$ $the$ $application$ $is$ $slower$ ($and$ $without$ $a$ $data$ $connection$, $it$ $is$ $inexistant$). $Another$ $effect$ $of$ $that$ $is$ $that$ $the$ $application$ $can$'$t$ $hook$ $into$ $the$ $data$ $available$ $on$ $your$ $phone$ ($eg$: $files$ $and$ $contacts$). $I$'$d$ $look$ $into$ $a$ $sync$ $with$ $Nirvana$, $but$ $they$ $haven$'$t$ $published$ $an$ $API$ ($and$ $after$ $2$ $years$, $I$ $doubt$ $it$'$ll$ $be$ $here$ $soon$).
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast