1.    #1  
    Wondering if anyone else has noticed and/or can explain these behaviors in the text messaging app:

1. When viewing the list of conversations, sometimes a person with whom I've texted TODAY is listed under a PREVIOUS DAY on which we communicated. Thus, I have to scroll down to find the person to send them a text.
    2. Why do some messages have a time stamp and others do not? For example, yesterday I had the following text conversation and it was time stamped as follows:
      9:51 AM--------------------
      [From me] Blah, blah, blah
      [From friend] Blah, blah, blah
      9:55 AM--------------------
    3. A week ago I was texting back and forth with my father on two consecutive days over a several hour period each day. The first day, each of his messages to me were stamped with small italicized text within each entry on my screen (i.e., within the colored block around the message that's colored different from my texts to him). First, why this form of time stamp and not the larger text with line that usually breaks up the messages (as simulated above)? Second, I noticed that all of his messages the first day were stamped ONE HOUR EARLIER than the actual time (e.g., at 10:00, his message was stamped 9:00). Keep in mind that we both live in the same time zone and were both within that time zone at the time of the exchange. Furthermore, during my conversation with my dad, another freind texted me from out of town (still, we both live and were currently in the same time zone) and his message was also stamped with the small italicized text and was one hour earlier that the actual time.

All of these behaviors *seem* random so I'm hoping someone else can at least confirm these behaviors. But I'm really hoping someone has an explanation.

Thanks!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    If I send or receive a 3 part message, it usually ends up sending 1 first, 3 second, & 2 third. But the numbering is still in tact (1/3, 3/3, 2/3).

Oh, if youre wondering how I know that it does this when I send a 3 part message, its because I hear it almost everytime I do. Two of the people I text often are also on Sprint, so it could be a Sprint thing.
    Those all seem pretty normal to me
    I'm not complaining. SMS isnt the most reliable way to communicate. But its slightly annoying that it does delay messages for hours or re-orders multiple part messages.

I would like the Pre to have BIGGER issues addressed like better copy and paste, video, browser downloads, finished SDK, ....ooops! Went on a tangent there...wrong thread!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50
    If I send or receive a 3 part message, it usually ends up sending 1 first, 3 second, & 2 third. But the numbering is still in tact (1/3, 3/3, 2/3).
    I've occasionally had this happen TO ME on my Pre and on my Treo, but never had anyone tell me it happened to them FROM ME.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug30
    Those all seem pretty normal to me
    "Normal?" How so, especially when the behavior is inconsistent (and no, THAT isn't "normal")?
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    Let me also say that since I have migrated from my 700p to the Pre, I have never had a delayed text. In fact, when I exit USB mode, any texts sent during that time show up with a subnote with the actual time it was sent.

This doesnt negate that SMS's are delayed...my wife had to reboot hers once when I sent her pics for her to show someone. They all came in once she did. I just havent experienced a delay. Only reordering of my multi-part texts. And I send/receive 2000-4000 SMS's a month (not bragging, just giving you an idea of usage).