Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    So I've read that the phone can get hot while charging, which mine does, but how hot does it normaly get while using it? I've been running pandora for about 30 minutes with the screen off and my pre is extremely hot, and I'm noticing right now that as I'm typing this, only pandora and this web page open, the typing is a bit more laggy than it has been prevoiusly. I feel like if I walk into sprint, they will say its normal. But this doesn't feel right to me, I feel like I'm carrying around a warm potato.

I'm scared this will cause future problems, any one else having issues?
    It gets warm during charging...especially if you have it on the Touchstone while running something. That's kinda how it is considering you have a charging and discharging battery millimeters from your hand. Its hot to the touch (can you not hold it)? If so, that might be a problem worth noting.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    It's normal. Mine gets hot when running Pandora. It also gets toasty when using it while on the car charger (especially when using Navigation or Google Maps) as well as when having been on the Touchstone overnight.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Yeah i've posted about heat issues and I've nailed it down to the cell reception. It's just the technology, and heat is normal. Notice if you connect your Pre to a wifi connection and run pandora, youtube, etc, it doesnt get warm. But if you use the cell signal it will get hot. Streaming pandora or youtube and what not is comparative to talking on the phone and the heat that creates.

I'm not happy with the heat but when I think back at watching youtube and others from my other phones, they got hot as well. Name a phone that doesnt get warm when you talk on it and imagine that when u run google maps or pandora that it's kind of considered and "talk" related heat if u know what i mean.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dabulls View Post
    Notice if you connect your Pre to a wifi connection and run pandora, youtube, etc, it doesnt get warm.
    it doesnt seem to be any different for me, wifi seems to generate just as much heat

Quote Originally Posted by dabulls View Post
    Name a phone that doesnt get warm when you talk on it and imagine that when u run google maps or pandora that it's kind of considered and "talk" related heat if u know what i mean.
    lol the only phones ive had for the last 5 years or so have been sidekicks, so those never really got too hot, even when talking.

it doesn't bother that much as long as i know its normal.
    Mine warms up with task intensive programs like Pandora but I considered normal. My HTC Tilt would sometimes get warm just using it as a phone. I have yet to have that happen with the Pre, but it's only been a couple of days...
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Mine got hot for the first time last night. I was in a building with close to zero sprint reception, so it was bouncing back between sprint and verizon with data roaming enabled. The battery fell 10% in less than 30 min. Since I wasn't sure I'd even be able to place a call, I just put it in airplane mode until I left the building.
    Interesting observation: My Pre has been getting very warm as well, not uncomfortable, but VERY warm. I have decided to reset the phone when this occurs... interestingly enough, upon reboot, there is always an alarm or reminder that pops up, which should have been released hours before... I wonder if the alarms/reminders put the processor into 100% utilization mode until they are dismissed, but when they aren't displyaed they cannot be dismissed - so the processor just stays locked on...thoughts?
    Lee Ladisky
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I've noticed the alarm thing on reset as well. Usually an email would pop up. I'd usually take it that when it reset it just rechecks everything. Not sure. Anyways, I started noticing my mirror gets warm but the screen should create heat right??