Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    When I said the newer Pre's I meant the "newer" Pre's.... The launch day Pre's do not seem to suffer from the Oreo effect nearly as much as the current Pre's coming out of the factory. The originals did have cracking screens though....

I checked 5 at the local corporate store, every one had the same exact defect with the left side being the weak side causing the oreo effect. The first display did not have this problem(launch day), the second display DID have the exact problem.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
    I'm on my third pre now, and I am probably going to bring it back one more time bc my screen is lifting in the upper left hand corner. When I push the screen down it clicks and pops back up. When they gave me this one I asked about it and they said theirs are the same way, but I also now have like 6 or 7 dead pixels. I wish the hardware would be better...

I also now have the oreo effect, more so than my other two. Unfortunately, it is one problem after another. First, I had dead pixels galore (12 to be exact). Second, got so hot I couldn't hold it, and also when I held the keyboard it was so squeaky and when I closed the keyboard it would shut off and restart.

I am unsure what they will do now bc it is after the 30 days, since they say it does not restart when you return it. They said it would not be a problem, but we will see when I go in there again bc I feel that the phone should be perfect, i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfishbein View Post
    I'm on my third pre now, and I am probably going to bring it back one more time bc my screen is lifting in the upper left hand corner. When I push the screen down it clicks and pops back up. When they gave me this one I asked about it and they said theirs are the same way, but I also now have like 6 or 7 dead pixels. I wish the hardware would be better...

I also now have the oreo effect, more so than my other two. Unfortunately, it is one problem after another. First, I had dead pixels galore (12 to be exact). Second, got so hot I couldn't hold it, and also when I held the keyboard it was so squeaky and when I closed the keyboard it would shut off and restart.

I am unsure what they will do now bc it is after the 30 days, since they say it does not restart when you return it. They said it would not be a problem, but we will see when I go in there again bc I feel that the phone should be perfect, i guess.
    The top left corner is the weak spot in the manufacturing process, and yes unfortunately they are ALL doing that. I will be interested to see if they fixed it in the later manufacturing process. At the moment it doesn't seem so.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
  4.    #24  
    I concur that it should not have such a large amount of oreo affect as mine does but as one post indicates...it seems the batchs palm is producing now may all have that issue so why try to get lucky via the *2 (? number) and hope for a better one. Thus far my oreo affect has not created an issues in using the phone even though I know for sure this sucks in a way. One should not be able to begin to see the metal insides of a phone if the top part twist to such a degree.

Anyway, I have insurance and will give it some time...maybe come November I will look into a replacement. Neither of my phones had dead pixels so that least that is a good thing right

Good luck with your pre and hope they are not asking for milk to go with that oreo !
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12