Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akular1 View Post
    Do we know for a fact that the 2600 mah battery will not be compatible with the touchstone?

Andy
    The 2600 battery comes with a different battery cover due to the size, i.e. larger size battery will not fit the touchstone cover. The 1350 does work with the touchstone since it is the same size as the 1150 standard one that comes with the phone.
    Last edited by DSPKweb; 07/20/2009 at 04:17 PM.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    My battery makes it through the day fine with anywhere from medium to heavy usage.
    battery was atrocious at first....but now it is almost as strong as my curve...
    What kind of modifications do we have to do to make the touchstone fit the car?

Thanks,
    Andy
    you just have to shave down the black plastic surrounding the tip of the sprint charger enough so that it will fit in the touchstone, it takes literally 30 seconds. Only a few millimeters
    Quote Originally Posted by noblejohn View Post
    battery is horrible. ive had 3 palm pre's. all with shameful battery performance. took Pre back, cancelled Sprint (i was out of contract when i purchased Pre) bought 16 gb iPhone 3GS last Tuesday. Battery life ROCKS!!!! Only need charging once a day (with HEAVY use) compared to 3x's daily for Pre.
    Unfortunately, I left AT&T to come to Sprint a few months ago.... Not too sad about that, BUT... I am sad about leaving behind my iPhone 3g... The Pre is a good phone and great device, but yes, compared to the iPhone, it really needs alot of improvement in it's battery life and touch screen.

On average, 20 min talk, 20-30 texts, and 6 hours later it's down to 30%.. I have GPS turned off too!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I am trying hard to stay with this phone. I find it interesting that people are saying the pre was designed as a consumer based phone first, and a business user's phone secondly. I would argue that the treo line of phones (ie 700w, etc.) were designed for business use first, and consumers second. Does this mean that palm will necessarily alienate a loyal following by changing who they market the phone to? Not sure if the above sentence made any sense...
    Wait for the new update on the 22nd. Then make your decision from there. The WebOS 1.1 update is a make or break update.

Edit: I am testing my battery life by enabling everything on, with the maximum settings, along with 10+ apps open, and leaving TV steaming on.
    Last edited by yiffzer; 07/20/2009 at 06:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    The battery is a tough thing. I noticed being signed into either Google Talk or AOL Instant Messenger will kill the battery like crazy. But I heard this a known issue.

So, just sign out of the IM services. You'll get like 500% better battery life.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Seriously, if you don't use GPS/AutoLocate (unless you open some apps that need it), turn Wifi off (unless you're using it, in which case, use it), Bluetooth off, and Messenger off... you'll experience GREAT battery power.

Also, you might want to recalibrate your battery once a month to keep its indicator accurate.
    To do so, you'd run it all the way down to 0%, and charge it back to 100%. It will take a while (I'd do it overnight), but I haven't had a battery problem since.

Again, check your coverage at work. Low signal = not good.
    Quote Originally Posted by noblejohn View Post
    battery is horrible. ive had 3 palm pre's. all with shameful battery performance. took Pre back, cancelled Sprint (i was out of contract when i purchased Pre) bought 16 gb iPhone 3GS last Tuesday. Battery life ROCKS!!!! Only need charging once a day (with HEAVY use) compared to 3x's daily for Pre.
    Agreed. Well besides the iphone part.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    My regular routine has me charging in the car, at the office, in the car on the way home and overnight. But on days that I have to go off routine I've run out of battery several times. For a phone with this much ability then it is severely underjuiced because it requires too much babysitting. So I'm really hoping 1.1 does some magic and addresses this.
    This has pretty much been my story as well. I am afraid to go anywhere with the phone without a basketful of chargers for fear of running out of battery. I hope this update does some magic

Andy
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ho...25/index3.html

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/iphon...ry-life-4.html

This is why you have to take these complaints with a grain of salt. Any complaints to be honest. Choose the device, go to the forum and you will find a myriad of complaint threads.

My battery now last throughout the day until I throw it on the charger at night. If I don't charge at night it will be close to dead by morning. Pretty much the same as my previous Sprint BB Curve.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    As I said earlier:

Edit: I am testing my battery life by enabling everything on, with the maximum settings, along with 10+ apps open, and leaving TV streaming on.
    Here are the results:

Start Time: 7:00PM
    Charge Remaining: 80%

End Time: 8:30PM
    Charge Remaining: 13%

Duration: 1 Hour : 30 Minutes
    Charge Lost: 67%
    Average Charge Lost Per Minute: 0.74%
    Quote Originally Posted by yiffzer View Post
    As I said earlier:

Here are the results:

and the purpose of this?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Seeing whether if the battery life is as bad as people say it is. I can see why it can be terrible for him. I just hope Palm fixes this.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Edit: I am testing my battery life by enabling everything on, with the maximum settings, along with 10+ apps open, and leaving TV streaming on.
    Here are the results:

What kind of weird test is that?
    10+ apps open, TV streaming, and everything on?

What if you don't need GPS, Auto-Locate? Bluetooth? Wifi?
    I mean, leaving Wifi on searching and GPS on while you don't need it seems ridiculous.

A more reliable test is using the phone moderately throughout the day and recording usage and battery from morning to night.
    Doing this for about 10 days seems sufficient enough to get a pretty good idea.
    Otherwise... running EVERYTHING on the Pre for 1hr, 30min seems very inaccurate and not likely.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I suppose it was more of seeing how much I can get out of the Palm Pre while doing all these things. I do agree that this is not a good representation of typical usage. I also do know that a limited timelength isn't entirely accurate but it is still interesting to see.
    If you were getting a few hours on full battery then I would say you have a problem.

But if you are getting a whole day and use it quite frequently, then I'd have to say... get a spare battery. I mean you hear so many people always saying how it's such an advantage to have a removeable battery and dumb design idea to omit it but I haven't seen one post in months where people have a spare battery. You have a lot of features on this phone that will use a lot of battery. For some that are unfortunately in bad signal areas, you are gonna suck battery life like crazy.
    I also could not make it more than a few hours between charges on the Pre until I found the many posts on PreCentral that give tips. Here is a summary: Improving Battery Life.

- Craig
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123