Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Hey, check this out. Go to www.vtuner.com on the phone. They have 11K radio and TV stations streaming. Some are in .ra or .wma, which don't work, but all of the .mp3 streams work. Very cool.
    Last edited by dvdmax; 07/10/2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: added .wma
    Thanks for the find!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    So the Pre will not play windows media files? My Treo 700p does this well it seems odd, I want to play Clear Channel stations like KFI or KOGO which are all windows media files...
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Thanks! Great find. Checking it out right now.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    So the Pre will not play windows media files? My Treo 700p does this well it seems odd, I want to play Clear Channel stations like KFI or KOGO which are all windows media files...
    Your Treo is Windows Mobile, right? There ya go. We're all hoping WMA/WMV codec support comes, or at least "Windows Media Player for WebOS", but Bill and Steve (Balmer, that is) don't play nice with others. ( ;
    Last edited by nullity; 07/10/2009 at 03:43 PM. Reason: forgot how to spell simple words
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Your Treo is Windows Mobile, right? There ya go. We're all hoping WMA/WMV codec support comes, or at lease "Windows Media Player for WebOS", but Bill and Steve (Balmer, that is) don't play nice with others. ( ;
    700p is PalmOS.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    Your Treo is Windows Mobile, right? There ya go. We're all hoping WMA/WMV codec support comes, or at lease "Windows Media Player for WebOS", but Bill and Steve (Balmer, that is) don't play nice with others. ( ;
    He has a 700p running Garnet, but it probably has Kinoma Player on it - Kinoma paid the licensing fee to MS to put the WM codecs in their app.
    I don't know what kind of crap this is, but the "free trial" started my Pre on a loop of opening blank windows that was difficult to stop.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Grimsley View Post
    I don't know what kind of crap this is, but the "free trial" started my Pre on a loop of opening blank windows that was difficult to stop.
    Don't try to download anything. Those are just ads for the paid application. Use the search bars at the top or along the left hand column to navigate to your station.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Only click on a station link that says it is .mp3
    I thought I clicked on one that said mp3 but got the blank windows too. I didn't download anything, just hit "play."

Site scares me in a virus monger kind a way. Not sure.
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    I dunno but this post just had me ROFL! haha I can just picture you frantically swiping away cards one right after the other as if your life depended on it! Lol
    Tried this on my Pre and at this particular station vTuner - Your Station Search For - Wjfk and when I click it, it streams the audio but for only 15 seconds, any idea why it only streams for 15 secs?
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    I dunno but this post just had me ROFL! haha I can just picture you frantically swiping away cards one right after the other as if your life depended on it! Lol
    ROFLMAO! THAT is EXACTLY what I did! It was funny in an "Oh cr@p!" kinda way
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." ~ Samuel Beckett
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    He has a 700p running Garnet, but it probably has Kinoma Player on it - Kinoma paid the licensing fee to MS to put the WM codecs in their app.

This is one of the main reasons Im waiting to buy the Pre, I listen to alot of ClearChannel radio stations and they all are windows media files until Pre get the codecs I keeping my Treo 700p for now
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wordweaver View Post
    ROFLMAO! THAT is EXACTLY what I did! It was funny in an "Oh cr@p!" kinda way
    Hehe, I had to do the same thing, madly swiping windows away, when I tried to download an attachment on mobile Y! mail. Good times.
    I have used thestreamcenter.com as well. Sometimes you can find a better stream on one site or the other (I.e. Different format)

Unfortunately, my favorite station's mp3 stream is actually a playlist format that the pre has issues with. It will download 15 secs of a commercial, and then stop. Hopefully, as many others have said, the functionality of everything on this phone will improve with time, and FREE updates.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me... finally got it to stop, and had to throw away like 15 open but blank cards... I will be staying away from that site.
    Quote Originally Posted by sburlbaw View Post
    Tried this on my Pre and at this particular station vTuner - Your Station Search For - Wjfk and when I click it, it streams the audio but for only 15 seconds, any idea why it only streams for 15 secs?
    See the post I just made. Your station is using a .m3u playlist format, which the pre doesn't recognize yet.

Basically, they want to cram a commercial down your throat before going to the live stream. I'm not sure why it only downloads the first 15 secs and then stops, instead of the whole commercia. That will have to be answered by someone with more technical knowledge than me.
    Great find! Thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast