Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    When I first bought my phone I was able to go to the update app and update to 1.0.2. Since then, I've been trying to update it and am unable to connect. Every time I try I get this message, "Unable to connect. Try again later."
    I called Sprint about it and they transferred me to Palm, who then transferred me to Palm Smart Phone Center, who then asked me the same questions about three times before they gave me one option to try. They told me to put my phone on Airplane Mode, then turn on my WiFi and try to update that way. I tried it and got the same result.
    Has anyone else had a problem trying to update? Does anone have any other advice on trying to get my phone to update?
  2. #2  
    You must have tried rebooting your phone, right? I would call Palm back and give them your ticket number for your previous call. They would need to fix that asap as far as I'm concerned.
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I rebooted my phone already. I even removed the battery at one point and let it sit for a while before putting it back in. I've tried updating via WiFi and Sprint data with no luck.
  4. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #4  
    When you tried, were you getting a solid EVDO connection?
  5.    #5  
    Yes, but that would go away every now and then. At least the little EVDO box would grey out and come back every now and then. I've even done it when it was on 1X.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks View Post
    Yes, but that would go away every now and then. At least the little EVDO box would grey out and come back every now and then. I've even done it when it was on 1X.
    maybe thats y....u have to have constant evdo to search for updates if im corect or maybe its evdo to download but yeah that could be the problem switching back and forth from 1x to evdo but if anything call sprint
  7.    #7  
    As I'm sitting here, I just tried it again and saw that the Ev box was solid the whole time it was searching for updates, and I still got the "Unable to connect" message.

    Also, wouldn't being on WiFi make it a better connection for updates? I've tried updating that way as well.
  8. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #8  
    Hmm, sorry, I don't know. I'm assuming you didn't try to root, correct?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks View Post
    As I'm sitting here, I just tried it again and saw that the Ev box was solid the whole time it was searching for updates, and I still got the "Unable to connect" message.
    try update nerwork connections....via the preferences of the phone app...go to phone app top left corner hit preferences....go all the way down and click update network
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    try update nerwork connections....via the preferences of the phone app...go to phone app top left corner hit preferences....go all the way down and click update network
    I'm asuming you meant "Update Network Settings". I tried that just now and got this message, "The Network settings could not be updated. Try again later. if the problem persists, call Sprint Customer Service."

    No, I have not tried rooting my phone either.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks View Post
    I'm asuming you meant "Update Network Settings". I tried that just now and got this message, "The Network settings could not be updated. Try again later. if the problem persists, call Sprint Customer Service."

    No, I have not tried rooting my phone either.
    wait a couple of minutes maybe the network is down...wait like 20 minutes....then do it again...if no luck then call sprint...when that happens its always right b4 going to sleep so i dont give a crap then the next morning its all fine...ur choice wait or call sprint
  12.    #12  
    I'll give it some time.
    Thanks guys for trying to help. it gets frustrating when things don't go well, but I've been trying for almost a month now with no luck. I think I'll go to a Sprint Store next and see what they tell me. Maybe they'll have pitty on me and give me a new phone!
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks View Post
    Maybe they'll have pitty on me and give me a new phone!
    hopefully they will get u a replacement good luck!!
  14. groovy's Avatar
    Posts
    941 Posts
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks View Post
    I'll give it some time.
    Thanks guys for trying to help. it gets frustrating when things don't go well, but I've been trying for almost a month now with no luck. I think I'll go to a Sprint Store next and see what they tell me. Maybe they'll have pitty on me and give me a new phone!
    If/when you get a resolution please post it.
  15.    #15  
    Will do! Thanks again!
  16. chezbi's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by aleks View Post
    When I first bought my phone I was able to go to the update app and update to 1.0.2. Since then, I've been trying to update it and am unable to connect. Every time I try I get this message, "Unable to connect. Try again later."
    I called Sprint about it and they transferred me to Palm, who then transferred me to Palm Smart Phone Center, who then asked me the same questions about three times before they gave me one option to try. They told me to put my phone on Airplane Mode, then turn on my WiFi and try to update that way. I tried it and got the same result.
    Has anyone else had a problem trying to update? Does anone have any other advice on trying to get my phone to update?
    I had this same problem last week and I posted a thread on it also. One person told me to do the partial reset by going to reset options in device info. It worked for me and now I'm enjoying 1.0.4. Try updating after the partial reset and it should work. If not, then look at the suggestion my thread:

    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...4-failure.html

    Hope this helps.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks Chezbi!!!! The partial reset worked!!! I am now downloading the newest update on my phone. I wish I could have gotten this kind of help from Sprint or Palm. Big thanks to chrissurra for the initial advice.
  18. chezbi's Avatar
    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    #18  
    glad to hear it!

Posting Permissions