Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Strangely my WiFi connection stopped working at the office but it's fine at home. I've reset it repeatedly. I've told it to forget the network and then reset it and then tried to join it again and no luck.

WiFi works fine at home. WiFi at work works fine on my laptop and my iPod Touch. Only the Pre has problems with connecting.

Oh, and it used to connect at work just fine.

It sees the network and accepts me entering the password but it always says "connection failed."

Any ideas? (EvDo is okay here so it's not critical, but it would still be helpful.)
    You sure that the admins didn't block you as a device whose Mac Addr they don't know?
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    My admins are equally mystified. Nothing's changed here. Last time I'm SURE I had WiFi here at the office was when I downloaded the 1.0.4 update. However, I thought I had it this week. I just really noticed it not connecting for sure today.
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    My admins are equally mystified. Nothing's changed here. Last time I'm SURE I had WiFi here at the office was when I downloaded the 1.0.4 update. However, I thought I had it this week. I just really noticed it not connecting for sure today.
    i really doubt its the pre...bc if ur pre works at home and not at the office...that tells u there;s a setting at the office thats wrong or something
    My work uses an EAP-GTC auth scheme. I have to log back in every few days as for some reason it loses its ability to connect after a while, but other than that it works OK
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i really doubt its the pre...bc if ur pre works at home and not at the office...that tells u there;s a setting at the office thats wrong or something
    Unless the authentication setup is different at the two locations. It could very well be something on the Pre wrong, with differing auth setups.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I've asked our Admins to reset the network in the next day or two and I'll see if that does the trick. (I can't wait to get home and double-check it there again tonight.)
    It definitely sounds like they changed the network key type or authentication method. I don't know off the top of my head but I think i recall that the pre isn't compatible with certain enterprise level securities, like WPA2/TKEP etc. If it worked at one time and not now, and you've reset and the adapter clearly works other places so hopefully you will see results when the network is reset. Do you know the router model? I wonder if there is anything there...
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Yep. Works great on the home WiFi. Guess I gotta bug the IT manager next week.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Turns out a remote reset of the WiFi router I connect to at the office, fixed things. What's weird is that every Mac, PC, Blackberry and even my iPod touch could connect. There was just something wrong that caused the Pre to be unable to connect. After a reset, it's back.

Obviously I'm no IT tech, but that just seems weird to me.