Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I find that I have to constantly ask people to repeat what they said because I can't really make out what they are saying. On my 700P I had Volume Care, but even then I really didnt need it I was able to hear people so clearly.

People would even borrow my phone to dial out because of it's clarity. Do you think it's a reception issue or hardware (device) issue?
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I find that I have to constantly ask people to repeat what they said because I can't really make out what they are saying. On my 700P I had Volume Care, but even then I really didnt need it I was able to hear people so clearly.

People would even borrow my phone to dial out because of it's clearity. Do you think it's a reception issue or hardware (device) issue?
    The sound quality is fine for me, unless I'm outside in the wind.

I'd say it's a reception issue?
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    You mean clarity?

It sounds perfect to me. In fact, I have to turn down the volume a lot. The Pre is lightyears better then my old 800w.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    It sounds as if the person on the other end is far away. I've used my phone everywhere, and the sound quality is the same, very poor.
    Different problem, but I found I had to hold my Pre slightly away from my mouth (about 1 inch) - otherwise the sound was very muddy.

Hopefully this will get fixed with an update.
    It sounds as if the person on the other end is far away. I've used my phone everywhere, and the sound quality is the same, very poor.
    Just Trade it out and get a new one. Its definitely gotta be a hardware issue, Haven't had a "clarity" issue with my Pre regardless of signal strength (bad, good, roaming).
    This is strange because from my personal experience and what i've read, sound quality has been outstanding. I upgraded from a katana II and the sound quality has been leaps and bounds better.
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Clarity and volume are fine for me. My BT headset has always sounded a bit muffled, but the Pre is fine.
    Are you kidding? This phone is TONS better clarity wise than my Pearl or literally any phone I've owned before it.
    I agree Im not sure why you are having some clarity issues with yours unless they are reception problems. Mine is excellent and even on speakerphone it is perfect. I am really impressed by my Pre's clarity actually and I have owned a lot of phones.

I hope your problem gets resolved for you. Good luck
    Voice quality on the Pre, both incoming and outgoing, is one of the best I've experienced. JMHO. All Pres in my household (5) sound great. You must have a bad phone or need to hard reset and reprogram.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    my pre's clarity is amazing...maybe u should replace urs....even with my jawbone 2 it sounds awesome...no problems here
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I agree with everyone else. You probably are having a hardware issue. Take i back to Sprint. They don't even attempt repairs. They will just swap out a new one.

Easy fix.

People would even borrow my phone to dial out because of it's clarity. Do you think it's a reception issue or hardware (device) issue?
    Mine is just like your. i have the volume maxed out most of the time. if anything is happening around me than i can't hear a thing. I too had a Pearl and it was great way loud compared to my pre
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    It should not be like this. When my wife talks on her's I can hear the other person across the room. Go to a sprint store and get them to fix it. They should fix it or exchange it. Good luck.
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Ditto... mine sounds great here.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I've noticed that this is an issue for some calls and not others. I finally realized that most of the time, its actually other people's phones. However, what I have noticed, is that the call quality for calls from a Pre (especially mine) isn't that great.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I'm so afraid to replace it and get something worse. Other than that my Pre has been wonderful.
    This is the kind of thread, in particular the title, that drives me batty. It's one thing to say, "Sound clearity (sic) on MY Pre sucks!" and another entirely to say "Sound clearity (sic) on the Pre sucks!". The first recognizes the subjectivity of the statement, and is thus rational and meaningful. The second does not, and is thus irrational and not helpful.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    This is the kind of thread, in particular the title, that drives me batty. It's one thing to say, "Sound clearity (sic) on MY Pre sucks!" and another entirely to say "Sound clearity (sic) on the Pre sucks!". The first recognizes the subjectivity of the statement, and is thus rational and meaningful. The second does not, and is thus irrational and not helpful.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast