Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Get Some Nuts!
    -Polen
    History: StarTAC(Sprint) -> Sony Ericson(AT&T) -> Samsung SPH-i500 Palm(Sprint) -> Mogul(Sprint) -> Touch(Sprint) -> Pre(Sprint)
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    I have to agree with wynand32. It's one thing to state your opinion, but its never helpful to make a blanket statement about a device based solely on your own singular experience. Especially if the statement is provocative.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Seriously guys!! A typo and the way the thread is stated in context and I'm being persecuted. To everyone else that stated their experience and offered suggestions I thank you. To others who felt the need to criticize I thank you too, you really didnt have to open the thread and comment.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    I find that I have to constantly ask people to repeat what they said because I can't really make out what they are saying. On my 700P I had Volume Care, but even then I really didnt need it I was able to hear people so clearly.
    When I receive calls from our digital phone system at work (Polycom headsets) I am amazed on how clear it is. It is closer to land line quality than my other phone. The system at work is VoIP, but it uses an "uncompressed" codec (G.711).
    Global Posts
    955 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    This should work both ways then. People need to stop posting threads like, "The Pre is the best phone ever!"
    True. Neither is very helpful. For the record, I'm not saying that anyone needs to stop posting anything. I just know that it's more helpful, and thus more people are eager to help, when posts aren't worded so poorly and/or provocatively.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I find the voice clarity to be fine on calls, but the clarity on the gps is awful, to the point where its almost unusable.
    The sound quality on the Pre is great, much better than it was on my previous phone (iPhone 3G).
    Went from iPhone to Pre and love it!
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I've exchanged my Pre once. And the outgoing call quality is still not as good as most phones.

People complain that when i call them, they hear background noise/static, I sound distant, and I even sound muffled.

I can hear other people well...but they have a hard time understanding me...and that my old Samsung Instinct was way better.

I thought it might have been my old Pre, which was why i returned it....but it's still the same on my new one.

Is this normal? Anyone else compare outgoing Pre call quality with other phones? I've compared with other sprint phones and my Pre definitely has the most "noise"
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    The quality on my Pre is much better than my old Razr or 650. Based on that, can I save " sound clarity on the Pre is the BEST!"
    I do have people tell me that I sound like I am under water almost every phone call I have and no I am not speaking loudly or too close to the mic.
    mine is great
    I wouldn't mind volume care on my pre. In loud environments, it seems not quite loud enough.
    clean your ears our pal
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by glamisfanatic View Post
    clean your ears our pal
    I'm all for smart-assedness, but if you're going to be an ***, at least be grammatically correct or at the very least understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    I'm all for smart-assedness, but if you're going to be an ***, at least be grammatically correct or at the very least understandable.
    Simple typo bud, sorry you couldn't pick that up fast enough

out*
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Haven't had any issues with clarity with the Pre or with using my bluetooth. It is probably a hardware issue and if you are within your 30 days, I would take it back into the store and get an exchange.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12