1. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Upcoming Webcast: Automated Unit Testing with the Palm Mojo SDK

If you’re a developer wanting like mad to develop apps on webOS, I stumbled across a webcast you might want to sign yourself up for. The folks at O’Reilly are hosting a live webcast on webOS development, lead and hosted by Christian Sepulveda. Christian is the Principal and Vice President of Pivotal Labs.

The webcast goes on July 14th at 10AM PST for roughly an hour. If this sounds of interest to you, you can register here (it’s free). Make the jump for full details.

Webcast Details:

Agile development expects that you will be implementing your applications in a test-first or behavior-first manner, progressively building a test suite as you build new functionality. This is known as Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD). This leads to building your application in smaller steps, with solid code overage, and a test suite that allows you to change the code you’re working on without fear of breaking other parts of your application.

How do BDD & webOS work together? Introducing Jasmine, a BDD framework for JavaScript. Unlike the many other BDD/TDD JavaScript frameworks (e.g, JsUnit, JsSpec), it does not require a DOM and does support asynchronous function calls. This makes it well suited to Palm (NSDQ: PALM) webOS and the development of Mojo applications.

In this webcast we’ll:

* introduce BDD & Jasmine
    * install Jasmine & add related code to the app to support BDD
    * discuss how to write a failing test first, then add functionality to make a test pass
    * develop a simple webOS application test first, with the Mojo SDK

Target Audience: Developers who are interested in developing webOS applications with the Mojo SDK.

Date: Tuesday, July 14th at 10 am PT
    Price: Free
    Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
    To register: oreilly.com/go/palmmojo
    Questions? Please send email towebcast@oreilly.com

[Via: PreThinking]
    I think I'm going to join. Anyone else?
    Won't be able to during work. Wonder if it will be hosted to replay later. Sounds interesting.