1. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Have program updates always been available in the updates app where the webos updates are? I just checked and Accuweather was in there which is odd since I don't have accuweather on my phone.
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Have program updates always been available in the updates app where the webos updates are? I just checked and Accuweather was in there which is odd since I don't have accuweather on my phone.
    Yes.
  3. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Still don't know why Accuweather was in there, oh well. I had no clue program updates were in there, I guess because I always just download them from the app catalog since I check it rather frequently.
    I did not know this. Good find; thanks.
    I believe all updates are located in the Update app, even the ones from the app store, that was one of the reason for having a central place to get the apps, they can control delivery of all the updates.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I have checked my updates regularily over the past few weeks and these programs have not shown up before. What they do, who knows, but good find nonetheless.
    I'm not certain but I think this was part of 1.04, something they snuck in. I never had any application updates in the updates app until 1.04 installed.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I've always had to check the app store first then go to updates then it will show up. If I go straight to the updates it will say by device is up to date..strange!!!
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Yep, just noticed the ability to update apps from the update app last night.. I was a little frustrated it was so tedious in the actual app catalog app to update as there isn't a dedicated place to update that I could see. But this fixed all my concerns
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkims View Post
    I'm not certain but I think this was part of 1.04, something they snuck in. I never had any application updates in the updates app until 1.04 installed.

it may have started working for you in 4, but it has always been a part up updates.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    yeah, i have seen it since the first day i got mine and that was launch day. BUT for some reason it never work 100% right, it would download the update for one app, start the 2nd app and it would have issue finishing it, I would have to exit the update app and start it back up again to get the next app updated. So i just use the app cat. to update my apps i use
    Last edited by djdisturbed; 07/10/2009 at 02:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by djdisturbed View Post
    yeah, i have seen it since the first day i got mine and that was launch day. BUT for some reason it never work 100% right, it would download the update for one app, start the 2nd app and it would have issue finishing it, I would have to exit the update app and start it back up again to get the next app updated. So i just use the app store to update my apps i use
    I've noticed very similar behavior on my Pre.
  13. bbr
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Mine must have just started working with version 1.4 because this is the first I've seen of it. From the looks of it on mine and from hearing your all's experience it seems rather buggy. Mine won't show anything in the update app but after I check the app catalog Accuweather then pops up in it every time and I don't have it installed on my phone.