1.    #1  
    Hey Guys,

After rooting my phone and successfully tethering it last night, i went back into the developer mode, restarted and started up the novaprm script and i continuously get the message that my pre is not connected. Have you guys experience this after rooting your phone?
    Not sure what to do?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Not to be a butthole but is the phone in developer mode? I know you said you went back into it but have you double checked?

I know when I was going to load apps on my phone for a 2nd time using the SDK it wouldn't go and it was because I forgot to put the phone back into developer mode.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry zna - i did go back into developer mode and restarted. The phone works fine but i cant root into it anymore?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    This has been mentioned dozens of times in here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ooted-pre.html

Nobody has figured it out yet. I spent hours trying to get it to work on my desktop with Vista 32-bit Home PREMIUM with ZERO success. However, it worked on the first try on my wife's laptop with Vista 32-bit Home BASIC.

I updated my desktop to SP2 last night hoping it would fix it, but no success.

EDIT:
    wait... maybe I misread your post. You rooted it on a Vista machine, restarted, then it wouldn't recognize after that? That happened to me on my wife's laptop last night. I had to open RUN and type services.msc ... scroll to Palm Novacom, right click, and disable. Give it 3 seconds, then right click and Enable. You should be able to run the Novaproxy after that.

I rebooted the Pre after each install I did last night, and about 50% of the time I had to disable the services and enable it again for it to connect.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your help. I still am not able to get it. Its weird, when I open novaproxy it doesnt even take a second and the error message saying the pre is not connected pops up. I stopped the palm novaproxy service and then restarted it and I doubled checked the developer mode and restarted the pre. Im not sure what else to do
    Try turning off User Account Control in Vista ... gww
    Are you running everything as an administrator?